Feedback needed on our Intro Video

Shariq A
7 replies
Does this 50 second video help you understand what our product is about? https://youtu.be/PvgrHXfzA98

Replies

Victor David
In my opinion, the video description explains the product better than the video. The video moves too rapidly and there's no narration. As the user in the video scrolls down, I wanted to scroll back up and see what was above again. In general, I think that text and image documentation serves better than a vid for this type of tutorial in that the reader can scroll up and down at their own pace on the page that explains the usage. Moving a video backwards and forwards is more cumbersome and time consuming.
Shariq A
@codemongo Thanks @codemongo for sharing your observation. We originally made a 2 minute video and thought that reducing it to less than a minute wouldn't bore the folks watching the video
Victor David
@shariq_a Personally, I don't think I'd find a 2 or 3 minute video boring. But I do understand that not everyone has the same patience level. Also, I'd like to add that I think your product sounds very good and - as I mentioned - I got a real solid idea of it from reading the description. I think you laid that out quite well.
As a layman I don't really know what this does (but I'm probably not the intended market as I'm not a Dev). I'd agree with the comments already made - Some top level descriptions of what's going on would be helpful - or some kind of audio description. I had to turn the volume right up on the backing music to hear it so might want to check with others if the levels are ok.
Shariq A
Thanks @maxwellcdavis for your input. I think you are right, the video should do a little more to describe what is being made and demonstrated. We have created several detailed videos demonstrating the features and usage of the product. This short version of the video is supposed to be a quick intro for people who prefer to watch videos over reading the information on a website
Junior Owolabi
It seem nice and simple to me, but if I wanted to export the api, how would I go about it Can’t AWS api gateway do the same?
Shariq A
@rilwan_owolabi1 You cannot export the API, it is a virtual API, its purpose is to help you simulate scenarios that you cannot easily create with a real API. An API consuming application has to be able to handle all the possible responses that may come from the real API and for that you have to wait for the right conditions. For example, assume that an API takes a few minutes or maybe longer to return the data, because it maybe processing the data. An API consumer has to wait to consume to that data or if the wait is slowing down development and testing then the solution is mock the API or use a virtual API solution such as the one we have created. Api-On-Cloud is a productivity solution, its purpose is to speed up development and testing. It cannot replace a real API at the moment, but we have plans to go in that direction depending on how well our first product is received by the development community. Here is a second video you can watch to see what our product offers: https://youtu.be/Z9dSTMpGnlE