Email Marketing

Shushanik Shahbazyan
25 replies
How many emails are you ready to receive from a company monthly, if they are not advertising, but useful tips?

Replies

Misha Krunic
Interesting question. I would say the sweet spot is definitely in the range between 1 and 4. Especially when you take into account that when it comes to the things I'm interested in, I also proactively look for that content. Therefore, seeing the same content multiple times isn't something I want. Also, is it even possible to send out 12 genuinely useful newsletters per month? I would imagine it would take an incredible amount of effort.
Shushanik Shahbazyan
@price2spy I agree. But I think that people don't ready to get 12 emails from one company even they are useful․ Nobody has time to read them.
Bernadette Cau
I'd prefer to receive very few updates with only the most relevant updates. 2 per month is the absolute maximum, and often even 1 per month is too much. The email headline is important, too. I'm more disposed to open an email with title "See what X can now do in a matter of seconds" rather than "Newsletter #4"
Rucha Joshi
@bernadette_cau I agree. Not more than 2. I don't even open more than that, they go straight to my trash unopened.
Kamila Klavíková
@bernadette_cau Totally agree. “Newsletter #4” is too generic. It looks like average email marketing spam and doesn't tell you what to expect. "See what X can now do in a matter of seconds" is the opposite, plus you see somebody took care.
Rajat Dangi 🛠️
I religiously read filtercoffee.co everyday. And the weekly newsletter by Angel List and YourStory. So it greatly depends on how important the newsletter's content is for me.
Manoj Ranaweera
There's nothing called "not advertising". I would go for 1 but definitely not 3 or 4. By simply associating your brand, you are advertising. Anyone thinking otherwise has not been in the game for too long.
Dawn Veltri
I have newsletters that I read every single day and newsletters that I send straight to the trash. It really depends on the value that is being offered and how close I am to their target market. In my opinion if you want to stay top of mind you need to be emailing weekly. If you can provide valuable content at a higher frequency than that, then do it. As long as you are sending good stuff, you are not going to bug your audience. If your emails are crap, don't send them. Send at a frequency where you can always deliver high quality content. Everything with your name on it is advertising, even if it's useful tips. But that's not a bad thing. When a person provides you with their email address, they are aware of this, and they've decided that the value exchange is worth it. https://www.producthunt.com/upco...
Shushanik Shahbazyan
@dawn_veltri1 tnx for sharing your opinion. I totally agree. P.S. I'll support you on launching day ))
Sarah Jordi
Usually not more than two, otherwise I get annoyed and unsubscribe, even if the emails could be useful. It's not just about the content, but also the time I have or don't have, which is something the companies cannot know or influence... So – many emails go to the trash unopened simply because I don't even get to reading them.
Shushanik Shahbazyan
@sarahxjo yeah, I do the same, don't open or unsubscribe.
Rachel Levitz
I prefer few to none!
Tanoy Chowdhury
If they're sending me very useful tips, then 1-4 emails is a great range. This way, I know that they won't be flooding my inbox with their emails, keep the communication simple and informative. Moreover, I will be looking forward to reading their emails if they're that good.
Rucha Joshi
@tanoy27 Yep and good email copy also makes a difference to how many emails I am willing to receive and read from a company.
Rushikesh Kavathekar
Email marketing works best if they are personalized. As in we are working on personalized campaigns on our product named Questy (https://questy.xyz/), where we have seen a growth of 12% in reactions when we share the Facts and data with visualization rather than pitching our features.
Shushanik Shahbazyan
@rushikesh_kavathekar Yeah, I agree with personalized emails. And tnx for sharing Questy. I'll check )
Michel Brown
I think email counts is important. I need 1-4 emails.
Trey Chong
We send a maximum of 3 newsletters to registered users, about useful tips in logo design, and brand kits, visual identity, etc. I guess no one can accept emails more than 8/month.
Ng Fang Kiang
If you send more than 4 emails per month, you may unsubscribe.