🚢 Does anyone use ProductHunt's "Ship" ..?

Jim Morrison
7 replies
Has anyone had any success using PH's "Ship" platform? There's so much written about how to launch on PH. I can't find much about Ship... If you •did• use it, how did you get on? What are your tips? If you've •not• used it, intentionally, I'd love to hear from you too. Why didn't you? What did you do instead?

Replies

Neri Raanani
First, it's a great way to spread the word about your upcoming launch. Your subscribers will be notified on your launch day, so they can give you feedback and support. It's also very easy to use. We are currently using Ship, I can share the impact after we launch.
Jim Morrison
@neri_raanani That's really not good is it. Hmmmmmm...
Jim Morrison
How are you finding it @neri_raanani? .. I can't upgrade to a "Pro" account -- there seems to be a bug in the checkout -- and when people sign up to our Ship page Nüz they don't actually hit our subscriber list so all our efforts yesterday getting dozens of people to the page has done nothing -- and I can't ask these people twice because I don't have their details! 😭
Neri Raanani
@jimbomorrison Unfortunately, we're encountering some problems as well. We've also noticed just now that some people subscribe but they don't hit the subscription list. We tried their support but it's not really helping... We're in the same boat! 🫠
L L
Hadn't even heard of it before this post, but I quite like how it looks. Nice and simple.
Ben Cotte
Ok first off, beautiful name 💯 now, I just asked the same question! Crazy. So I just started using it. I thought that it might be a lighter way to connect with the audio freaks I am building for right now. Honestly, I can feel that it seems a bit half-baked. But, so far it offers what I was looking for. Are you considering it?
Ben Cotte
One tip: use the slack connector. Otherwise, you won't get a notification when a new subscriber joins.