Do you use notetaking apps? Which one would you suggest and why? 🙏🏼

Barış Bingöl
121 replies
I have been using pen and paper mostly, because I like just being able to use all the space freely. But recently I ordered an iPad, so wanted to try this with the Pen. Considering that I'll also switch all my notetaking, from my computer too, which would be the best option?

Replies

Filipp Chumak
Hey @baris_bingol I use Notion, but I agree with @omar_lotfi1 that it's sometimes overhead. So when I need something really quick, I use build-in Notes – it's has some new little features in Big Sur. For example, when you put a check-box and check it, it goes down the list, which is quite nice.
Filipp Chumak
@baris_bingol @omar_lotfi1 @filipp_chumak but what I would really appreciate is taking notes with my Apple Watch when I start speaking. The watch will translate it to text and then send it to every app I connected to it.
Fede
@baris_bingol @omar_lotfi1 @filipp_chumak totally agree, I'm still wondering why Apple is refusing to implement such a feature.
Barış Bingöl
@baris_bingol @omar_lotfi1 @filipp_chumak I don't have an apple watch, but if i had one i'm pretty sure i'd be wanting the same feature!
Ceyhun Aslan
I use evernote for quite sometime and it helps me a lot. I don't use an iPad and a pen so I don't need those features. The free version only allows for 2 devices but it works
Barış Bingöl
@ceyhun_aslan So i heard! Will check it out. Thanks!
Aleyna Çatak
I have been using iPad for notetaking for a year and ever since I got my iPad I use OneNote. I can easily sync my notebooks and access them via different devices such as my laptop and phone. It also supports dark mode which is nice for your eyes. All of your notes is uploaded to the cloud which is connected to your Microsoft account. Just give it a shot, you might like it.
Barış Bingöl
@aleynacatak I hate OneNote... Thank you for your suggestion but, no thanks...
Ege Yalçınkaya
I'm also an Apple user, just use the default Notes App. It is just flawless.
Anıl Asım Bilen
Don't use Google Keep, use anything else. hated that.
nilova.pande@qinaps.com
@anil_asim_bilen Hello Anil, not sure why you hate Google Keep, perhaps you could try Qinaps. Its a hybrid where one can take notes and assemble documents. The user can be an individual or a team. Since all the content is stored in blocks, they are flexible and don't follow the files and folders principle. Information is not locked in folders rather the blocks form a knowledgebase. Any block can be used repeatedly to create as many documents without the fear of duplication or redundancy!
Kağan Korkmaz
I own an iPad, so I use Notably. It works fine for me, I can draw and write as well as I want. I have a really bad hand-writing but it handles it too, don't know if that's Apple's own feature tho.
Mehmet Kamay
As long as you have an iPad pro, I believe both GoodNotes and Notably works really well. Use whichever one's less costly, idk which one was that 😇
Mukhtar Mohamoud
Like others have suggested Evernote, hands down. I've been using it religiously for the past 6 years now! Since school! I have a note for each week. I bullet point the biggest tasks for each day that I NEED to complete - for more detail on each task I use ClickUp with my team. Couldn't recommend them both more!
Barış Bingöl
@mukhtarmohamoud Evernote seems like a winner here but have not heard of ClickUp yet! Thanks for the suggestions!
Jordan Christley
Evernote. I see others have elaborated already, but, yeah; evernote.
Barış Bingöl
@jsonnakamoto Yeah, i will probably start using Evernote now, seems like the perfect fit.
Chris Wills
I use've used Notability for a couple of years now. It's been easy to use, has an option to mark notes as private, and the handwriting search works well. I'd recommend giving it a try.
Barış Bingöl
@cwills That sounds cool! Need to first try out that handwriting thing for myself though, i doubt it could understand mine...
Barış Bingöl
@elen_u Keep is always good, i use it on my phone regularly. But for some reason i only ever use it for personal notes, never for work related stuff. Weird...
Elen Udovichenko
@baris_bingol I currently have 2 accounts - one for personal notes and the other for work related stuff. However, Keep didn't work out well for me with planning and task management - I eventually adopted iPlan (which is a very basic planner app but I love it!)
Hunter Peress
I use Apple Notes. It is fantastic. I also like Noted on ios for notes related to an audio recording.
Barış Bingöl
@hunter_peress Apple's Notes app is pretty good overall but for some reason, it doesn't feel "productive" enough for me. Not sure why!
Oly Lotfi
I use Notion but it might be overkill depending on your needs. I recommend you checkout Bear if you are in the Apple ecosystem.
Barış Bingöl
@omarlotfi Both of these look really useful! I'll try them out, thank you.
Ben Katz
I've used notability a good amount & really enjoy it!
Barış Bingöl
@benjamin_katz2 Have seen a few other suggestions for notability, will check it out. Thanks!
Simon Blok
I use Notion, but not happy with some things. Performance is sometimes bad! Some quick notes are taking to much time in this way. Looking for another app with similar functionalities, but working smarter/quicker.. On the other hand. Notion is great for setting up a team-wide documentation system which is open and ready for collaboration.
nilova.pande@qinaps.com
@simonblok Hello perhaps you could try a new application, I use Qinaps. I found Notion too bulky for smaller teams too and so we built Qinaps for taking quick notes. The Notes appear in the form of a spatial map which lets you precisely chose each element where you want to take your note/write up.
Barış Bingöl
@simonblok @nilovapande Have heard similar things about Notion from friends, seems like a hit or miss. I'll check out Qinaps, as Nilova suggested. Thank you both!
nilova.pande@qinaps.com
@simonblok @nilovapande @baris_bingol Notion is more of a Team wiki notes+project management for an entire team, whereas Qinaps is more of a text editor where you may write freely stuff like smaller docs, blog content, entire business plans and break it down into several smaller docs .. The best part being you don't need to worry about index / Table of contents, every paragraph could be a flexible component which you may pick and chose to form your final document through a customiser. Its a lot like a Pivot table but for documents.
Ni ✌🏾& ❤️
I really love @everythingnoted it's like Apple Notes on steriods, it records and transcribes and is affordable.
Barış Bingöl
@everythingnoted @ni_e_sha Seems like it has a cool design! Will definitely check it out.
Kishan Thakar
Hi @baris_bingol I mainly use Monospace. Easy categorization of notes with the helps of hashtags saves time and I don't need to worry about cleaning out and sorting notes out in future.
Barış Bingöl
@kishan_thakar Thank you for your suggestion! I usually hate sorting and cleaning too, so this sounds really useful.
Ahmed Abd El-Azim
Evernote since 2009 😎
Barış Bingöl
@yavca I love how Evernote has a loyal userbase, seems like they deserve it though!
Anna Koltsova
Evernote since 2011 ! Access on any platform, a lot of features, which cover all my needs
Barış Bingöl
@nyushechka_z Seeing a pattern with all the comments saying "Been using Evernote since 20XX" haha. Seems like the best option!
Hannah S Kim
I go back and forth between Google docs and the Notes app on my iPad, both work fine for me :) But if you have a pen, I know people always rave about goodnotes.
Barış Bingöl
@hannahsuyun I use both occasionally for non-work related notes, i like to differ work notes from personal notes. Will check out Goodnotes!