Do you use a dataviz software? Which one is your favorite?

Margot Soulier
15 replies
Hello everyone, Do you use dataviz to make your data more visual? If, yes I would be curious to know the dataviz tool you use.

Replies

Nik Hazell
Launching soon!
Tableau is great, but IMO not particularly intuitive. We tend to have "creators" and "readers" as fairly distinct groups - Along with a sizeable number who believe the whole thing is too complicated for them!
Margot Soulier
@nik_hazell Thanks for the insights Nik. What company are you working for? Have you ever thought about visualizing data of your indoor buildings directly on a map?
Mathieu Gerard
I love using Tableau Software. It really powerful yet easy to get started. You can make gorgeous dashboards ... and there are a lot of extensions to choose from!
Margot Soulier
@mathieugerard Great tool Mathieu! What data visualization methods does the tool offer? Which one do you use the most?
Margot Soulier
@elise_sadu Nice one ! I'm curious to know if they offer data vizualisation on indoor maps?
Elise Cannon
@margot_soulier not our use case but haven't come across it thus far 🤔
N Chandrasekhar Ramanujan
https://rawgraphs.io is fantastic, and was developed by the Politecnico di Milano, where I briefly studied, so I even met the team that built it!
Audrey Liu
Holistics.io is fast and intuitive. But you'll need a SQL database.
Tufool Alnuaimi
Hi @margot_soulier, we use zingchart (https://www.zingchart.com/) and love using it to build our own charts & dashboards but also dashboards that we deliver to clients. We build zingcharts using Python.
Prateek Majumder
Power BI is my favourite. Power BI has a lot of features and tools which make it quite useful and interesting to use.
Stefan Heisl
Hello Margot, I've compiled a list of tools that I use. Take a look and see if any of them would be beneficial for you as well. Tableau is a tool that provides a plethora of graphical options to depict different types of data, such as categorical, geospatial, time series, and multivariate. It empowers you to create interactive and dynamic visualizations with a moderate learning curve. R and its packages like ggplot2, ggvis, ggthemes, lattice, maps, and shiny are the perfect fit for data scientists who want to quickly visualize and refine their data as a part of their workflow. It has a moderate learning curve that is best paired with RStudio. D3 is a powerful tool for creating visually stunning, interactive web-based displays, but with a steep learning curve. Google Charts and Visualization API are user-friendly options that are widely used with many examples readily available, making it easy to create online charts quickly. Lastly, Keynote is great tool for creating simple and animated visual displays, with an easy learning curve. Best Regards, Stefan Heisl Marketing Manager at Andersen.