Do you try to go out of your comfort zone?

Armen Tadevosyan
18 replies
Why is important to go out of comfort zone?

Replies

Vera Mirzoyan
I have another approach to this point. Going out of your comfort zone sounds somehow scary. I never go out of my comfort zone but I do use any chance to extend it. So, I believe if you have that scary feeling, it means your comfort zone extends.
Sagar
Yes! At least lately after reading this book - Who moved my cheese? I have been trying to get out of my comfort zone seriously. There are many reasons to get out of comfort zone but I don't see a single reason to stay in the comfort zone!!
Mahak from Outgrow
The main problem is the comfort zone. Who doesn't want to sip coffee by sitting idle in a cosy blanket on a winter morning but no we choose early wake up in the morning to go for our schedules, schools, or any work. Because nothing can work out if we just wait and sit in our comfort zone without doing anything. keeping the cons of comfort zones, what I try is to mould my comfort zone based on my daily hurdles. If I want to wake up early in the morning, I think watching the sunrise and feeling sunrays first in the morning is my comfort zone. In that way, you can keep both your comfort zone and your daily efforts in one basket,
Lior Galante Cohen (Vaza)
When I'm not feeling like doing something, but I know it will benefit me, I will really push myself to do it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't :)
Alina Ihnatiuk
Yes. leaving the comfort zone is the opening of new opportunities and boundaries. This is development.
Anna Mandziuk 🇺🇦
Yes! I strive for a healthy balance usually, but getting myself out of that comfort zone is a must, because then I feel like I grow and learn new stuff.
Edward G
Yes but balance it out. Stepping out of your comfort zone is important for growth and development, but it can be anxiety-inducing. You need to strike a balance.
Mohsen Kamrani
It's a big yes for man and couldn't be happier that I did it. For years I tried to avoid communicating with people whenever it was not completely necessary and to just focus on my goals until recently that I realised if I want to be successful in my startup there is no other way than communicating with people and as soon as I started it I realised how much happier I am. Now I'm really enjoying becoming part of a community plus providing a service that can hopefully solve the problem for many of them. It's never too late ... :)
Pablo Palmitas
It is the way I operate, basically. All exciting things in my life happened when I went out of my comfort zone. It is this state of risk that leads to a big reward. And I love feeling it. However, it's important not to overdo it. There always should be a balance between your "normal" life and your "out of a comfort zone" outings
Shushanik Shahbazyan
I think that it's not possible to reach a good result without it
eg21
Always. I never regretted doing so for my 30+ years on this planet. I graduated with an art bachelor degree and self-taught myself coding and then got into MSFT/google as an engineer. I felt my life is too comfortable. Then I joined startups and worked as a product manager, and then after they went public. I felt my mission was completed. Then I quit again. Once I found myself staying in my comfort zone, I felt paranoid. I hope I could stay there longer. ;-)
Piotr Pawłowski
It's important for self-development. If we won't leave our comfort zone, we won't be able to develop ourselves and grow as we could.
Herman
to further develop yourself
Jersey Flores
Yes!! Simply replying to this post is stepping out of my comfort zone. My first day on PH and I'm feeling shy, but I know what I'm feeling is really just learning in disguise! Super excited to learn from all the creators on this platform, as well as growing as an individual within this new space.