Do you think that online networking events work?

Ludovico Petrali
10 replies
Many events are still online or mix-modal. I personally think that online events do not work for networking purposes. They are great if you want to listen to a specific speech and learn. But nothing beats in person connection…what do you think??

Replies

Maya Ben Zid
Absolutely. In the beginning of the pandemic you'd have to get used to them but now we got a lot better at both hosting and participation. We host a lot of online events in oVice (https://ovice.in/) and see that people are generally excited about networking online. Also, the ability to meet people from all over the world is an added benefit.
Ludovico Petrali
@maya_ovice Totally agree on the power of virtual connection to meet people from all over the world - don't get me wrong, the pandemic teached us that online events-networking is crucial, however It's just easier for me to build a relationship if I am able to speak in person
Siena Romes
I've seen a lot of companies try this when the pandemic happened. At first, it was not that effective. But now, people are getting used to it. Some mix up in-person and online networking events into hybrid events.
Tania Kot
I think if you do regular, consistent events, there will be a good result. I also consider online events good for outreach purposes and it's a great reason to take a step towards new relevant acquaintances. For example, you invite smb you don't know and no matter if they visit an event, the invite is already a good start.
Ludovico Petrali
@tania_kot Never thought about it this way, great perspective thanks!
Tania Kot
@ludovico_petrali I recently opened that perspective for me. Your're welcome :)
Sergio Zaciu
I'm very much a face-to-face person when it comes to meeting new faces and find anything screen-related to be very off-putting and disingenuous.
Ludovico Petrali
@szaciu Same, thanks for the feedback Sergio