Do you think remote work improves the productivity of the employees?

Elena Cirera
34 replies

Replies

Andrew C.
nah...im not in favour of remote work... working in an office environment is way more productive
Elena Cirera
@andrewcanday Especially if you have to coordinate with many people, but some jobs require less coordination; remote work can be productive for these jobs. Do you agree with my opinion?
Wiktoria Jaszcza
It depends :) focus at home, brainstorming in the office. How about you?
Elena Cirera
@w_j For me, remote work is more productive; I can focus better on my assignment. At home, I complete my projects in less time than at the office. But at the office, I can coordinate better with my colleagues; both types of work have their pros and cons.
Devanand Premkumar
@w_j @elena_cirera I agree with you on this. Office has the interactions which drives moving things faster whereas individual focused elements can be completed in a much better fashion in a home office environment. I am leaning more towards home office environment as the benefits are clearly visible now than ever before.
Launching soon!
I think more than one factor is at play here. For instance, if the employee lives nearby the office location, remote work isn't much of an attraction. However, if the daily commute burns liters of their gas - remote work is bliss. In addition to that, an employee's work environment is also very crucial. If there's a sound workstation at home that permits minimum distractions, there's nothing like remote work. Nevertheless, it can vary from person to person anyways.
Elena Cirera
@saqib301 Exactly, it varies from person to person, but one thing is for sure if your office is located at a long distance, you can save time, money and energy required for traveling.
Devanand Premkumar
@saqib301 I see it in a different way. Its not the cost of gas I am worried, but the time wasted on travel. For me the time used to travel was too much. Every day 1 hour in each direction was also draining and hence WFH is a good alternative. Of course I still miss the interactions nevertheless the productivity gained for me is pretty good :)
Launching soon!
@devaonbreaches Yeah that's a great point, thanks for mentioning it. The travel time is really a bigger factor here. I myself have been through the same routine like yours before WFH.
Remote workers do not have to spend long, boring hours sitting in traffic on the way to and from work each day. This gives them more time for other priorities such as spending time with their families or pursuing hobbies. With adequate rest and time each day, employees are able to produce more work.
Sophia Emma
Remote workers enjoy a less stressful commute, which allows them more time to pursue other interests. This is advantageous for companies because it leads to more productive employees.
Peter agar
As I see it, Working from home can provide a more productive work environment than working in an office, so long as you have the right equipment and make the right arrangements.
Jason Cavness
It depends. For me, it depends on where I do remote work. I can't work for home. Every 30 minutes I am going to make a meal. I am going to watch TV for just 10 minutes. Then I have binge watched some random show I have never seen before. Then around 1 pm the bed will call me and say come take a 20 minute nap. Then when I wake up it is 7 pm ha ha. So I have to go to a coworking space or somewhere else. I have to go somewhere. But I don't want to go to a place I have to go for 40 hours a week in some cubicle.
Elena Cirera
@jasoncavness Intrusting comment! All things you have mentioned are true, but it vary from person to person. For some, remote working is productive, and for some, it is not
Jason Cavness
@elena_cirera Don't get me wrong, remote is productive for me. Just not from home.
Jonathan Massabni
I've seen it pretty balanced. Working alone eliminates the efficiency of team work and requires a ton more meetings on the calendar. But it also allows to focus when working on a task and the quick commute from bed to desk definitely provides extra time. Flexibilty of remote outweighs everything though!
Connor Jewiss
Depends on many things. Being isolated away from a team remotely can affect motivation, collaboration, and productivity. But, it can also help avoid distractions, give some peace and quiet, and make you work harder.
Andrew E
I ran a remote workplace for 10 years. Here's what I learned: - turnover is lower, which equates to more productivity from not having to onboard new people - it enables people to work during their more productive hours and take the breaks they need when they are not productive to become productive - it requires people to plan and document more to communicate effectively, which leads to productivity - some people cannot handle the isolation and will begin to withdraw. It takes effort to ID this, learn how to screen out this type of person in advance during hiring, and find ways to help them feel more engaged which can drive down performance of the team - offering the ability to come into an office once a week increases productivity of the group by 10-15% - you have to have social gatherings at least twice a year so people make the connections needed to understand each other over email. Without it, there's a lot of reading between the lines and misinterpretation going on which decreases team dynamics
Tanoy Chowdhury
Remote work has a high potential to make employees more productive. But, there are a few caveats here. Like how many hours are they genuinely getting for deep work? Yes, remote work diminishes water cooler conversations, but if employees are busy attending back-to-back video meetings, their work life gets very tragic. They end up with more backlogs. An employee in remote work will be more productive if there is a company-wide understanding of having a more thoughtful communication set up. Like using more asynchronous communication. On top of that, having more trust in employees. Believing that they will deliver results on time, are some great morale boosters companies can follow to make their remote employees more productive.
Jessie
It all comes down to discipline - Not letting work take your whole life and on the other hand not getting distracted, loose track of time and don't get anything done.... If you can find that balance, then remote is great because it gives you more freedom and flexibility which lead to a happier team :)
maks bebra
It depends on how you work if you're set up for promotion and strong development, then your results will be seen, but I think live communication with the bosses and hard work will increase your chances faster.
TL Robinson
Absolutely! When associates are at home, they have to deal with less instances of stress, abuse, politics, etc. that other associates may create.
Antonio Fernández Porrúa
Absolutely. Assuming you hire responsible, motivated. independent and proactive people.
Hussain Shah
yeah in my opinion working remotely may enhance the productivity.
Nauman Khalid
A work-life balance boosts productivity by giving remote employees more time to rest and free time every day to focus on their work. so, in my opinion, working remotely enhance productivity
Martina Hackbartt
I once read an article that said that Productivity is better at home, but to the detriment of innovation and great ideas. And I couldn't agree more! I feel like I can do way more tasks in a day while remote, but all creativity parts are better in-person