Do you take regular breaks when you are working (WFH or Office)? If so, how often?

Carpenco Dima
12 replies
I'm about to launch a product that is meant to increase health and productivity for people who work for long hours sitting down and I'm interested to see how people go by with their working days.

Replies

I've tended to mimic what I do in the office - start at 9, grab a coffee at 1030 and then lunch sometime around 1230 or 1. Main issue is the afternoon I rarely take a break before I finish around 545-6.
Carpenco Dima
@maxwellcdavis That's really interesting, thanks for sharing this. Did you ever feel any pain from sitting long hours at the office? If so, could you please describe?
@carpenco_dima No but I guess I tend to hydrate very well so I end up with erm natural breaks shall we say - I used to use the Hidrate Spark in the office to help me monitor. Always been a firm believe that my work performance will be improved via good hydration. https://hidratespark.com/product...) I don't own a fancy chair - just a simple IKEA office chair!
Carpenco Dima
@maxwellcdavis That's really interesting! Thanks for these insights. I'll update this post as soon as we launch, we'd love to have you test our app.
Misha Krunic
I take short breaks when I feel the need to do so. It's not exactly something that's "regular" in my routine, I would say it depends on the day and the tasks that need to be done (the type of task, how long it takes, can it be split up into smaller chunks, how interested I am in it, etc.)
Gabriele Sangrigoli
@price2spy True, sometimes I work four hours straight without even look outside the window once. Other times I feel I need some minutes to rest my eyes, take an espresso or go for a short walk.
Carpenco Dima
@price2spy Interesting, so the breaks depend on the complexity of the task you are doing. How would feel if you had gentle reminders on your app every hour to guide you into simple stretch exercises for no more than 3-5 minutes?
Misha Krunic
@carpenco_dima I'm not sure, to be honest. It's not necessarily the complexity of the task. I find many complex tasks engaging and interesting. If I find something interesting, I focus on it, and I don't know if hourly reminders would interrupt my focus? Perhaps it would be beneficial in some way, I'm not sure.
Gabriele Sangrigoli
Yep. Generally, at least 5 minutes each hour. My poor eyes need rest.
Carpenco Dima
@gabriele_sangrigoli Thanks for the insight, we're actually getting ready to release an app that sends you stretch break reminders every single hour. We'll keep you up to date :D
Iren
I work from home and unfortunately don't have a clearly defined working time. This usually means that I sit at work all day. This is very harmful to health, so apart from food breaks, I allocate half an hour to sports once a day and every few hours I give myself the opportunity to rest for 15 minutes.