Do you set goals for the week?

Daniil Glezer
47 replies
Do you set personal or professional goals at the beginning of the week? If so, how does it seem to help you?

Replies

Archisman Das
Clarity on what needs to be executed and how makes it easier to do those things. Else you end up wasting time trying to figure these things on run time.
Archisman Das
@daniilgdg The context for me has changed over last few months as I moved from my previous co to a startup. But I would say the alignment first needs to exist at a macro level for instance what are the key goals and priorities for your quarter and then you can focus on weekly alignment. Weekly alignment probably can happen over sprint planning.
Daniil Glezer
@archisman_das definitely, i feel like that boils down to communication between team members for me now. How do you manage to gain clarity for tasks?
Daniil Glezer
@archisman_das Definitely agree, having "north star" type macro goals helps maintain perspective on a weekly basis
Most important task in priority. Things I don't want to do, and that bring low value... last. This helps me stay focused and keep going. Without goals, I do nothing! What about you ?
Daniil Glezer
@jacquelinclem i also try to prioritize! It helps when our team plans the sprints as a whole as well, so were all on the same page
Valeria Migova
I set goals for both the week and every day. As a planning tool I like to use Weje. It helps me stay productive :)
Daniil Glezer
@vmigova i havent tried Weje, ill look into that!
Hamed Baatour
weekly short-term goals are important to keep track of the progress of long-term goals. ⌚
Андрей Олейник
Not really. I feel under pressure when I set many goals.
Daniil Glezer
@balrog_the_great Thats an interesting take, do you feel like keeping calm helps you complete the tasks you need to organically?
Dov Kaufmann
Definitely! Setting goals is the best way to see if you're improving. Its a constant learning process.
Daniil Glezer
@dov_kaufmann I agree! Measuring your goals is key
Ignacio Suarez Ordoñez
Weekly and daily goals are important to keep you productive!
Daniil Glezer
@ignacio_suarez_ordonez for sure, im still figuring out how to increase my productivity and stay focused on my goals
Ender
I have weekly KPIs. That is all.
Daniil Glezer
@enderm Thats awesome! Are they purely professional or do you have them for your life outside work as well?
Mahak from Outgrow
yes, I always check my planner what is pending and what is next. Set the priorities and do it anyway. It's like more scheduling rather than setting any specific goal.
Daniil Glezer
@mahak I like the idea of scheduling! Planning around big events can make a lot of sense
Tanya Sharma
Yes! I create goals (personal and professional) that have a longer-term - between 1-6 months. But I review tasks that help me reach those goals on a weekly basis. Being a huge proponent for self-improvement, we built Wonderpath. I would love to hear your thoughts on our approach (https://www.wonder-path.com/) :)
Tanya Sharma
@daniilgdg - Thank you for signing up and exciting to tell you more! will connect with you via email and send you access.
Daniil Glezer
@tanyasharma awesome, looks really cool! Just registered :)
Daniil Glezer
@tanyasharma the advice and growth aspect is really interesting, cant wait to learn more
Shai Mizrahi
I try to! But life can get in the way :)
Daniil Glezer
@shai_mizrahi Makes sense! Its all a learning process i think and figuring out how to balance and find achievable goals
teknocorner
Yes, because i always have work management and planning https://bit.ly/2YmxH6C
Daniil Glezer
@teknocorner looks interesting! will be sure to check it out
TCM
I prefer daily goals; I have a (huge) list of things to do, and then each day I decide which to achieve
Daniil Glezer
@hazheyworth thats awesome, how do you prioritize?
TCM
@daniilgdg Instead of prioritising, I categorise my tasks into one of two 'buckets' - 'brainless tasks' (i.e. the chores that I need to do for my business) and everything else. So, if I am feeling tired, unmotivated, not creative etc, I work on the 'brainless tasks'. Otherwise, if I am feeling good and productive, I work on my other tasks. In terms of choosing the order in which i do the tasks within each bucket, I prioritise everything that is needed for general upkeep, and then work backwards from my nearest goal. So, ask yourself, what are the tasks I need to achieve to keep my business running. If you've done those, what are the tasks that you need to achieve to complete you next goal?
Jan Forsthuber
Especially for this week. To be #1 product of the day today, haha :D
Galia Ben David
@forst rooting for you! What’s your product?
Jan Forsthuber
@galia_ben_david Thanks man, Carpio 2.0 wrist rest!
Galia Ben David
@forst nice! Looks super cool :) congrats on the launch!
Nimrod Popper
Its difficult for me to create set goals, i base my weeks around work KPIs
Mayank Grover
At Outscal, we set weekly goals for all business operations. The best part everyone set their own weekly goals. How does it help? Everyone takes ownership of their work. Managers don't have to push their teams to get shit done. Everyone is responsible for their own shit.
Daniil Glezer
@mayank_grover Thats awesome, are the goals public for the whole team to see?
Sofya Narbut
I love-love-love goals and deadlines, they allow me to keep the tempo. If I don't have at least one goal for a week, I'm supper sluggish. I also try stick to doing a check-up on what I've done over the week on friday. Good to keep in ming the fact that I need to write something down, it motivates me a lot.
Daniil Glezer
@sofya_narbut witing down your goals is definitely underrated- an old school pen and paper is so satisfying for goal setting
Sofya Narbut
@daniilgdg true, it feels like the information sets in more meaningfully when you scribble it down with your own hand. Writing down in notes app feels like sending another text message.
Rachel Levitz
Yes! Make a list and work through them during the week. No better feeling then ending the week with a beautifully crossed off list (:
Daniil Glezer
@rachel_levitz nothing better than crossing off items on a list
Swapnil Vats
YES! Weekly goals are super defines. Important tasks at a day level too.
Ashley Kizlyk
Absolutely. I set daily goals for the small stuff, medium goals weekly and monthly bigger goals. It's the only fortified accountability tool that keeps my momentum going. However, be warned, don't spend too much time planning goals if it means you don't have time to motion forward on them. Make them attainable, intentional, and give yourself kudos when you can hit that check mark.
Daniil Glezer
@ashley_kizlyk thats great advice, we actually just launched today and i had to remind myself to make any PH related goals attainable and realistic. Ill try giving myself kudos when its over 😀