Do you send email digests to your customers?

Goutham
8 replies
Have you tried sending email digests about your SaaS product to customers? What were some of the observations?

Replies

Manoj Ranaweera
What's an email digest? I've only sent newsletters. Last one sent was to our volunteers on www.skilledup.life. Stats below: Sent Emails: 2630 (community now is 2,700) Click Rate (150) - 5.70% Open Rate (888) - 33.76% Unsubscribe Rate (10) - 0.38% Click To Open Rate - 16.89% We are using the same ESP for transactions and newsletters. This makes it operationally easy. But I think it's better to use two. When using one, I have the feeling that transaction emails would be affected if the user unsubscribed from the newsletter. I've not yet tested this out. Just a hunch at present.
Goutham
@manojranaweera Those are interesting stats, Manoj. Cool of you to share :)
Alexey Shashkov
Hey, Goutham! I did that. I'm going to do that again when I'll launch the product again.
Goutham
@shashcoffe How was it received by the customers, Alex? Did they see it regularly?
Alexey Shashkov
@gouthamj Goutham, actually, I don’t know how it was received by the customers. I didn’t measure it. And yes, I did do a weekly newsletter.
Bogomil Shopov - Бого
In the past yes. The use-case was that I was part of an educational platform and we were sending kind of a newsletter to all of our customers with latest news from the field and how they could use our products to solve eventual problems.
Goutham
@bogomep That's cool, Bogo. Could you share how the open rate of such emails were?
Bogomil Shopov - Бого
@gouthamj OR: ~50%, CTR ~26 - those were warm leads and existing customers. For cold leads we were around 2% CTR