Do you send email digests to your customers?

Goutham
8 replies
Have you tried sending email digests about your SaaS product to customers? What were some of the observations?

Replies

Bogomil Shopov - Бого
In the past yes. The use-case was that I was part of an educational platform and we were sending kind of a newsletter to all of our customers with latest news from the field and how they could use our products to solve eventual problems.
Goutham
@bogomep That's cool, Bogo. Could you share how the open rate of such emails were?
Bogomil Shopov - Бого
@gouthamj OR: ~50%, CTR ~26 - those were warm leads and existing customers. For cold leads we were around 2% CTR
Alexey Shashkov
Hey, Goutham! I did that. I'm going to do that again when I'll launch the product again.
Goutham
@shashcoffe How was it received by the customers, Alex? Did they see it regularly?
Alexey Shashkov
@gouthamj Goutham, actually, I don’t know how it was received by the customers. I didn’t measure it. And yes, I did do a weekly newsletter.
Manoj Ranaweera
What's an email digest? I've only sent newsletters. Last one sent was to our volunteers on www.skilledup.life. Stats below: Sent Emails: 2630 (community now is 2,700) Click Rate (150) - 5.70% Open Rate (888) - 33.76% Unsubscribe Rate (10) - 0.38% Click To Open Rate - 16.89% We are using the same ESP for transactions and newsletters. This makes it operationally easy. But I think it's better to use two. When using one, I have the feeling that transaction emails would be affected if the user unsubscribed from the newsletter. I've not yet tested this out. Just a hunch at present.