Do you miss water-cooler conversations with your remote team mates?

Rucha Joshi
10 replies
Social conversations not related to work are really important for bonding with your teammates. With remote work casual chats and small talks have reduced. Has that made a difference to your connection with your team? PS: We launched - Conversations by Thursday today, for this very pain point. Would love to get your feedback on it https://www.producthunt.com/post...

Replies

Yes and no. Yes because I miss the social interaction. No because it wastes so much time!
Wiktoria Jaszcza
@maxwellcdavis Exactly. Sometimes I feel like I didn't do anything because the conversations distracted me for a longer time.
Rucha Joshi
@maxwellcdavis @w_j That's a really interesting take. I would often plug into the headphones when I needed more focused work but definitely enjoyed the the conversations which yes could lead to slight delays but made my work life more enjoyable. But I would not trade remote work for anything - instead look for or create solutions for some of the pains :)
Wiktoria Jaszcza
@maxwellcdavis @rucha_joshi8 :) In my case delays aren't slight. i think i struggle to focus more than many people. so once i start the day at a good pace, it's more likely to go better later on than if i start by talking about the news. and yes, headphones do the job :)
Shreya R Nambiar
When the Pandemic hit and remote working became popular, I was on an extended leave. New to my job, I didn't get a chance to be social with my colleagues. I bonded with them over Slack chats. Audio messages are particularly fun. But I miss chatting with them face-to-face.
Rucha Joshi
@shreya_r_nambiar Audio messages are great but yes don't compare to face time with people. Given the situation I still feel prefer the flexibility of remote work though. how about you?
Shreya R Nambiar
@rucha_joshi8 Hi Rucha, if you don't mind, I have DMed you on Twitter about Product Hunt launch.
Shreya R Nambiar
@rucha_joshi8 Me too. Nothing can beat the flexibility that comes with remote working.
Water Store
Absolutely, the absence of water-cooler conversations with remote teammates is something that many of us can relate to. While virtual communication has its advantages, those spontaneous in-person interactions often provided a sense of camaraderie and connection that can be missed. This makes me wonder about the water filtration plant price in Pakistan and how investing in a quality filtration system can not only promote a healthier work environment at home but also provide a topic for virtual water-cooler chats, such as discussing the benefits of clean drinking water for our overall well-being.