Do you launch again if your launch went unnoticed?

Imran Khan
21 replies

Replies

Shrey Gupta
Will not until I have a enhanced version of the same product. Once I have with extended features then launch it as Version 2.
Veronika Vinichenko
We thought about it, but nope :)
Imran Khan
@nika_vinichenko same here, I had thought about it and it felt weird, so didn't do it.
Cica-Laure Mbappé
It's never unnoticed. Even if you got 0 upvotes there is always someone noticing you on the feed or in the upcoming tab. But if you haven't reached your goals with your PH launch, I'd try to find what didn’t work out and plan to be more visible next time (by building a bigger community for example). To answer your question, yes I would re-launch after studying if my product really worth it (but PH allows you to re-launch 6 months after your first launch unless your product has a massive update).
Imran Khan
@cica_laure_mbappe Got it! I came across someone who launched their product multiple times in 6 months with new features and in different communities. One more question. Doesn't creating an upcoming post spoil the product idea or invite copycats? I have been wondering about this for quite some time now.
Julia Doronina
@cica_laure_mbappe very useful information regarding the time for re-launch, thank you!
Cica-Laure Mbappé
@strongsoda I'm not sure about that. Well, you can't avoid copycats, but at least it means that your product is good. But one good thing about upcoming pages is that they give you more visibility and enables you to build a PH community before launching your product. And that is super important 😉
Veronika Vinichenko
@cica_laure_mbappe thank you for very useful information about 6 month, i don't know it
Octavian Codrea
I think the right context can be essential. What if your product solves a need that wasn't so common 3-4 months ago, and in that timeframe you've learned things about development, your users and the market. I'd say I'd launch again, maybe as new version, after I know I've improved the product and it now stands a better chance than before.
Imran Khan
@xgrv Makes a lot of sense. Thanks!
Trevor Lee
We think about the launch as iterative! Build something new, launch. Build more new things, launch!
Dillon Peterson
@trevor_lee @strongsoda Seconded. I like that approach Trevor, my team has talked about the same thing!
Imran Khan
@trevor_lee Great strategy! I'll borrow this from you.
Sarah Jordi
We did and it went really, really well. First launch in November 2020 went unnoticed and second one in April (super well prepared, full force with the whole team and community) went really well 😊
Imran Khan
@sarahxjo Happy for you! I am doing my first launch for GetPress today https://www.producthunt.com/post...
Inna Proshkina
We launched !neuton-ai last year and we are planning to relaunch it soon https://www.producthunt.com/upco... A lot of cool features were added, and this time we are doing a good prep work!
Imran Khan
@inna_proshkina Looks great. Subscribed! I am doing my first launch for GetPress today https://www.producthunt.com/post...