Do you have lunch at your desk?

Daniel Po
11 replies
Or do you take a break from the computer for lunch? I read a study that in the US most have lunch at their desk, and that in China they very often take a few minutes nap at their station after eating.

Replies

Miriam Barchilon
I try not to. It can be very beneficial to take your eyes off your screen for half an hour during the day. As for the study in China, I think it would be great if companies had a nap room in which employees could rest for 20 minutes (the perfect nap time).
Daniel Po
@miriam_barchilon_elbaz 100%! Even just a simple breakroom (for people like me who wake up from naps furious, nauseous and confused )
Daniel Po
@complyant I agree! I think it might look like someone is working but no human can go on without a break, especially when eating.
Kavya
When I used to work at a multinational bank earlier, I would have lunch at my desk. Although it wasn't my preferred option, everyone else had lunch at their respective desks, so I just mirrored the culture P.S. I'm based in Singapore
Fabian Maume
I'm taking lunch at my desk, usually using the time to watch some videos.
Neville Mehra
As an American, I can confirm that this is very common (or was, in offices) but I wonder how that's changed in the era of WFH (I guess more people eat and watch YouTube now)
Daniel Po
@namehra I know! I wonder about that a lot, too. I always have breakfast by my station - either at home or in the office, so my first meal is always done while working. But for lunch I try to take a few minutes away from the computer in both places.
Jaskiran Kaur
There is a canteen near our company. Me and my colleagues go there and have lunch.