Do you feel things slowed down in April? πŸ€”

Vedran Rasic
12 replies
April seems to be one of the slowest months traditionally (my third SaaS). Do you feel/see the same? More context: - My startup is still growing at around 25-30% MoM in MRR... but - I have way fewer emails and overall requests. - Way less feedback. - Almost no NEW reviews. - Etc...

Replies

Igor Stankovic
I'm experiencing a lot of "out of office emails in my inbox". It seems many decision-makers taking their annual leave in early April + a few holiday days off.
Jakob Thusgaard
@igor_stankovic April and May IN EUROPE always has the Easter holidays scattered all over. Different countries celebrate in different ways and times. April has Easter + orthodox church Easter + Ramadan causing folks to be away throughout April.
Vedran Rasic
@igor_stankovic @jakob_thusgaard this is gold. Hopefully folks are reading :)
Jakob Thusgaard
No. But then I don't actually run a SaaS company. To me it feels a lot like things are going faster.
Vedran Rasic
@jakob_thusgaard thx Jakob. We are still around 25-30% MoM... but I have way less emails, requests, feedback etc...
Jakob Thusgaard
@vedranrasic Sounds like you're missing inbound. Did you the same as always? Maybe it's just time for more outbound!?
Jakob Thusgaard
@vedranrasic Actually, last week my LinkedIn profile appeared in uncharacteristically low amounts of searches. Like down 25-30%. That usually is an indicator of vacation time. If I look back at the past three years of data for LinkedIn profile searches for April, it's typical to at least have ONE week in April which is very much on the low side.
Vedran Rasic
@jakob_thusgaard inbound is almost exclusively the only thing we do. We can have a chat on the outbound. I am a bit rusty with outbound + cheap (avg rev per user). :)
Vedran Rasic
@jakob_thusgaard Very interesting... The data seems to be consistent across channels and years. I can vouch for 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and now 2022.
Kazimieras Melaika
We're working on a new product right now so our team is doing the last-minute tasks right now to finish up the project... So no but we. haven't launched yet. We’re launching in late May. Check out our upcoming PH page: www.producthunt.com/upcoming/eff... Our project is called: Effecto. It’s an app for detailed health tracking. Pretty much for everything that is related to your physical or mental health and every daily factor that can affect you.
Vedran Rasic
@kmelaika that's awesome! It won't slow down now :) if it helps take a look at https://ved.gumroad.com/l/produc... and use coupon code PH50 --- since I launched the course 3 products got #1 POTD and #1 POTW. Best of luck Kazimieras!