Did you try to use Quora as a marketing channel?

Fabian Maume
14 replies
I'm curious to know how many of you already tested using Quora. If you are not sure if Quora is relevant for you, I released a free analysis tool which can help you check the potential of Quora for your business: https://app.qapop.com/analyze PS: I'm also hunting QApop today: https://www.producthunt.com/post...

Replies

Cica-Laure Mbappé
Interesting tool, Fabian! I think that Quora is too vast to target qualified traffic, especially when your product is very niche. It might be interesting to test it for community building. But I'm not sure Quora brings conversions. What's your main goal using Quora?
Cica-Laure Mbappé
@fabian_maume sounds interesting, maybe I'll give it a try someday 🙂
Fabian Maume
@cica_laure_mbappe Quora is actually perfect for niche products. It allow you to target people looking at a specific questions, so if you pick the questions properly you will have highly targeted traffic. Quora traffic is usually with high conversion rate. Quora has some "community feature" named "space", but I would not advice it as community platform.
victorhouck@protonmail.com
Interesting. The quick analysis is useful.
Linda Liepa
Hi Fabian, Thank you for sharing your product. For the past months, I'm testing Quora as a marketing channel to answer relevant questions about our business and build a community. So far, I have discovered that we get more views on Quora if we answer questions posted in different spaces. We see quite not a significant increase in our website traffic from Quora, but there are some conversions, and I see Quora as a useful channel on a long-term basis. As our product offering is pretty niche, sometimes it takes time to find relevant questions to answer. So I will look into your product!
Fabian Maume
@linda_liepa I was actually running some experiment last month. Trying to answer questions from spaces, new questions or question recommended by QApop. Space are generating a lot of view in first day. So I'm assuming most of view are from other people considering to answer too, which won't help you get clicks. Question recommended from QApop generate less view on the first day, but generate consistent view over time. Also about click thought rate, have you check if any of your questions are collapsed?
Linda Liepa
@fabian_maume Thank you for sharing your insights! None of the questions or answers are collapsed.
Laura Nagyová
Interesting. I will have to consider this marketing channel.
Isabel Nyo
I've been answering questions on Quora but I haven't been able to track its effective. Will give your tool a go. My profile on Quora is quora.com/profile/Isabel-Nyo
Fabian Maume
@eisabai You can track the result from the referral tab of google analytics. Here is how to do so: https://qr.ae/pGa8CV
Sam Twist
We originally developed our Quora marketing idea after I listened to one of my favorite podcast's talk about Netflix. When Netflix first came out, the makers would post on online movie forums under pseudonyms to promote it: "Have you heard of Netflix? Tons of movies you should check it out" We decided it would be a fun project to do the same thing on Quora. From then on out we called our Quora marketing scheme "Black Ops" because it almost felt undercover! Luckily for us, our team is under the OnePlus umbrella (OneLab) so there are quite a bit of general questions already on there. Our app Clipt also serves a pretty universal usability problem of transferring date from your phone to laptop, so we can answer popular questions such as: "How do I transfer a photo from my android to PC?" or "How do I send a file from my PC to android?" by recommending Clipt!
Fabian Maume
@samtwist Interesting story. How much traffic were you able to generate?
Janinah
Was going to use Quora as a marketing channel. However, after spending some time on the channel (mobile/website) last week, I decided it wasn't for me as I wasn't a fan of the UI - Very cluttered and too many ads/sponsored post. I may revisit it at a later date though. ETA: Bookmarked/upvoted your tool though for future reference 😉
Fabian Maume
@janinah That is an interesting point of view. I never considered the UI, when picking a marketing channel. Do think that your target audience will also avoid Quora because of the UI?