Did you try Ship? What benefits did you get via this option before your launch on PH?

Julia Doronina
19 replies

Replies

Karl Rinderknecht
Would love to understand this as well... I'm playing around with the free version. :)
Daniel Baum
@_karlr @julia_demyanchuk awesome thread! Prepping for launch and wasn't sure if Ship was useful - seems kinda meh, but maybe with the paid version it can really drive traffic! Pre-subscribed to both your products, look cool!
Karl Rinderknecht
@julia_demyanchuk It's interesting. My initial goal was just to get listed on the Upcoming Product's page but I seem to have failed there. 🙃 My guess is you get listed there if you upgrade to a paid version. In trying to show up there, I set up our upcoming page here, which hypothetically we could promote to try to get some followers/subscribers pre-launch. One nice side benefit though, which I friend called out, was that if you visit my profile page then you will see a link to my upcoming project page just below the comments module. I wish it we're a little more prominent (like in the header), but oh well! 🤷🏽‍♂️ The other thing that's useful is that if you have some existing newsletter or waitlist subscribers (which we happen to have) is that you can import them as subscribers / followers of your project -- they don't need to resubscribe from your upcoming page. You can send them messages via the platform, which I don't think we'll do, but you can also see who is already active on Product Hunt, which is pretty cool. That's about all I've discovered so far in the free version.
Julia Doronina
@_karlr Thank you very much for this huge comment! We decided today to launch our own upcoming page too to try your advice! 😊
Julia Doronina
@_karlr @daniel_baum we are planning to use paid version soon too, and it will be cool if you can share your experience and results, if you don't mind, and I will do the same :)
Aditya
Hey Julia 👋 Great question! Ship is the ultimate toolkit for makers to 'ship' awesome products. With Ship, you can create Upcoming Pages, which are fully customizable landing pages :) Usually, the Makers create Upcoming Pages well before their product launch to create some buzz, or to test a product idea by gauging community interest. You can use the Upcoming Pages for multiple uses: to build a subscriber base, to get feedback through surveys and emails, and power the idea through A/B testing, analytics, integrations etc. All these features help the Makers to build a robust product and build an audience, which can ultimately help on the launch day :) You can find a lot more information here: https://www.producthunt.com/ship? If you choose Ship Free (Regular) subscription, your Upcoming Page won't appear anywhere on Product Hunt. It can only be accessed by going to the URL for your Upcoming Page, which allows you to share it with your friends, family and followers. If you have a Pro or Super Pro account, you can promote your upcoming page here https://www.producthunt.com/upco... You can compare the plans here: https://www.producthunt.com/my/ship? I hope this info helps :)
Julia Doronina
@adityavsc Thank you very much for this instruction! We have already start Ship Free and are planning to use paid version soon to get more effect! I will be happy if you can subscribe to our startup on Ship and leave you feedback before our official launch.
Daniel Baum
@julia_demyanchuk @adityavsc Excited to support LeaksID too! And if you both could subscribe to Sleek on Ship, I'd really appreciate it - any feedback before launch is critical!
Aditya
@daniel_baum anything that makes the checkout faster, I'm in!!!
Daniel Baum
@adityavsc Thanks! Get ready to go from 100's of clicks to just 1!!!