[Curious] Where do you go for advice?

Sparrow
8 replies
I'm just hyper curious because I'm building something and I want to understand my uses cases. If you're part of a startup with a working product and some paying/beta customers, and you need advice on your startup's initiatives, where and who do you go to for advice? This includes offline and online resources. Examples of technical or non-technical initiatives that you may ask for advice on, include: (a) understanding how to evaluate customers' needs (b) growing customer retention rates (c) B2B SaaS sales advice (d) learning how to hire people who're culturally fit for your company The more detailed you are, the better. Or you may also just respond via the poll. Thank you so much.

Replies

Mayank Gupta
Ask people who are into the same thing. Talking to new people always helps.
Sparrow
@mayank_gupta11 Thanks for your response. Where do you find people who're into the same thing, other than specific niche forums?
Sparrow
@mayank_gupta11 Got it. Could you tell me more about these forums on Telegram? Because I think the issue is that there's a lack of guarantee of the credentials / reputation of the ones giving advise on public forums.
Mayank Gupta
@sparrowtheapp ProgrammerPlus on telegram Or on discord you can go through this link https://dev.to/htnguy/top-10-dis...
Sparrow
@mayank_gupta11 Thanks for the link. It seems like that's programming focused, I was initially referring to advice for wider challenges like product management, B2B sales strategy, etc.
Sparrow
@killshiva Hey Shiva, thanks for your reply man! So on Zestack you would make a post and wait for like-minded people to give their feedback, correct? I was thinking of creating a platform where you could get focused attention on your issues / challenges over phone calls.