💻 Code in the Morning or the Evening?

Nathan Challen
14 replies
When do you code best? ... and why?

Replies

mustafa ilker sarac
After midnight just before sleep and in the morning after waking up, before 11 am. The main reasons are; fewer distractions and a fresh clear mind.
Nathan Challen
@milkers I'm the same... before 11am is peak for me. I find that when it comes to coding. Sometimes just knowing I might be interrupted means doing something else until you know there is no risk of distraction.
Nathan Challen
Ha ha! I left that sitting... you took it @stefan_smiljkovic! 👏
Stefan Smiljkovic
@emotf it was for sure good bait 🎣
Chris
I usually works very good at night, less noise outside, the darkness, in my case also less hot temperature!
Nathan Challen
@xkraty Yea for sure. The heat of the day can really be a killer of productivity for anyone near the equator.
Brandon Thimmesch
@pablo_fatas Same here lol tends to be work projects during the day and personal projects at night =P
Nathan Challen
@pablo_fatas @brandon_thimmesch_profile I tend to do this as well. Just have to be super conscious of burn out and getting enough sleep.
Pablo Fatas
@brandon_thimmesch_profile @emotf Burnout can definitly be an issue. I am alraedy struggling for sleep
Brandon Thimmesch
@pablo_fatas @emotf Yeah, I've learned the hard way over the years to be mindful of burnout. I always unplug completely when I start noticing that I'm starting to feel run down now.
Matt Spergel
Morning baby! I begin at 7am at the coffee shop with a green tea in hand. My body and mind are well rested then.
Ramanvir Sodhi
Not a morning person, so I face difficulty in writing logic early in the morning. Before lunch and night have worked best for me in the past!