co-founders

Pookie
9 replies
what are the top 3 skill sets or qualities you are looking for in a co-founder?

Replies

Rich Buggy
I would want complementary skills sets. The means marketing, product design and UX would be at the top of my list for co-founder skills.
Pookie
@richdevelops interesting, what would you say are skills you already posses that will compliment people that already possess the skills you mentioned? also do you mind us using your response as part of our content on Instagram, would love to tag you as well if that's ok.
Rashmi Gupta
respect, trust and believe in the product
Pookie
@rashjbp hi rashmi, yes, those definitely are super important cause if the person you are working with does not have the same vision and trust in what you are building there will always be like a clash, but if you don't mind me asking, what about skill set & technical knowledge, is there anything you look out for? finally do you mind us using your response as part of our content on Instagram, would love to tag you if that's ok.
Rashmi Gupta
@pookie You can look for complementary skills as initially, cofounders have to do a lot of thing by themselves, it won't matter much when you make a little progress. Though you can get benefited from different perspectives from people of different background that can cause conflicts too. Hence respect and trust come into the picture. About Insta, you can post these, leave the tagging :)
Soft skill more than everything : Autonomy - Curiosity - Optimism are in my top 3.
Pookie
@jacquelinclem hi clement, thanks for responding, can you further elaborate what you mean by AUTONOMY and also seeing as you are a designer that does illustrations and interfaces, i would guess you are on the creative and visual end of things, are there any managerial, technical skills you would look out for to grow/scale your start-up, finally do you mind us using your response as part of our content on Instagram, would love to tag you as well if that's ok.
@pookie feel free to use it on instagram :) Also I've few technical skills but I love to work with developer to make product, like that I can focus on the part I love the most and let the "hard" work (for me) to somebody
Stas Voronov
The most important for me are values ​​such as responsibility, openness, mutual respect. Plus motivation. It's the foundation. Skills can be learned :)