[ChangeLog] November 2021 Release Notes

Ashley Higgins
17 replies
In December, the Product Hunt team shifts gears to focus on planning for next year, our hackathon, and some much-needed rest and relaxation. We hope that you are also able to give yourself a break. Whether that means spending time with friends and family or making space for an interesting side project, you deserve to step away from the normal routine towards something more fun. With the holidays to look forward to as we near 2022, here’s a roundup of features we debuted this week. - More ways to search. Product Hunt is more than the latest products and now our search reflects that. We added search fields to discussions, stories, upcoming products, and your activity to find products that you've upvoted. There's a ton of great content from the community and our team that we have made more accessible, to make finding that blog post or discussion from the community that much easier. - Homepage feed updates. Last month we made pretty significant changes to the homepage design, and this month we updated the content. Now you’ll see the most interesting discussions and stories right in the home feed, so you don't miss a beat. You may also notice some other tweaks, like our Recommended sort and the "You might also like" suggestions, that pop up after you upvote a product from the homefeed. - We're going streaking. Did you notice a new counter on the homepage? 🕵️ Mysterious. Keep coming back and something cool might happen. - Badges? We got them right here. We love our community 😻 . Get recognized for your contributions and show them off to your peers. Check out your profile to see your current progress and badges you've earned. - Manage your notifications. We have so much cool stuff we want to share with you, but it might not always be the right time. It is easier to select which notifications you receive from us in your profile settings. (This will go live at the end of the week!) Heads up. Golden Kitty Awards are just around the corner! Nominations open in December and the voting and awards happen in January. We're brewing up exciting events, both online and IRL, and we can't wait to share more with you.

Replies

Atul Ghorpade
Great changes. Btw, why I can't see makers/hunters in mobile web browser? P.s. I like more desktop version vs. mobile now.
Everett Berry
Great change with featuring Discussions. I have been using that feature heavily but it was previously a pain to get to.
Chris Lee
Excited for these features!! :D
Michael Silber
@chriskelvinlee They're already here! Well, except notification management. We'll probably have that out to you all tomorrow or Friday :-D
Connor Jewiss
Really excited for everything you have in store. Here's to another exciting year in 2022! 🍻
YESS, loving these updates and am excited for future ChangeLogs <3
Chris Messina
Finally, *FINALLY* — a changelog from Product Hunt! Thank you for this, and any additional transparency and guidance on how to most productively engage in the community! 👍🏻
Bertha Kgokong
Love the updates, especially the streak. Waiting for something cool to happen :)
11cart Seo
Great change with featuring Discussions. I have been using that feature heavily but it was previously a pain to get to.
Anna Mandziuk 🇺🇦
Already noticed the badges on my profile👀
Fajar Siddiq
FINALLY! this is an awesome update. I've been using the mobile app as well is good too for on the go when I'm busy. What is the rewards for getting streaks and collecting the badges?
Michael Silber
@fajarsiddiq We wanted to start simple with badges and streaks; so far we have a robust system in place to track, award, and present badges. Next, we want to figure out the best ways to reward our community for their continued contributions. Recognition and prestige were the v1 goals, but we have some other special ideas planned for the next drop. Badges and streaks will evolve over time as we get community feedback, so I'd love to hear what you all think would be cool to see next.
Samar Ali
Really excited for everything you have in store.
nilova.pande@qinaps.com
Thanks Ashley for consolidating all the new features and exciting stuff happening on PH. Lucky to have discovered this community a year back and have never looked back since. You guys are doing a rocking job of building, nurturing and growing the start-up movement with communities. Cheers Nilova Co-founder Qinaps