[ChangeLog] June 1, 2023 release notes

Jamie Sprowl
10 replies

Small, but mighty - we see you 👀

50% of the launches on Product Hunt are by independent and bootstrapping makers, many of whom go on to achieve great things. To better amplify the impact of these wildly talented humans, we’ve launched two new homepage filters for solo makers and bootstrapped projects. Try them out!

This new design is just ‘for you’

Our mobile app has a new look, supporting a personalized 'for you' feed to give you updates on people you follow and recommendations for products based on your interests. The new layout is much more interactive and helps you stay in the know with what's trending. Here are a few steps you can take to personalize your new feed: - Download the app - Go to the discover🔎 tab - Follow 5+ people - Update your interests

One size does not fit all

Based on feedback, we made some changes to our advertising options to support:

• Running ads without launching: Previously, you had to have launched on Product Hunt to run an ad. Ads are now open to everyone, allowing you to focus on reaching your target audience at the most opportune time for your product, regardless of your desire to launch on Product Hunt.
  • Different campaign types: To enable more options to support your business goals, we created campaign types. Now you can optimize your Product Hunt ads for exposure, clicks, or a balance of both.
  • Custom campaign duration: The ball’s in your court now. Select the duration of your campaigns, providing you with greater flexibility in planning and optimizing your ad strategy.

Learn more about your options here.

The Flash vs. our homepage

Because you’re all busy people, we know your time matters. Optimizations made to our homepage make it hard to even blink before the details load when you expand a launch. I dare you to try it.

Replies

Chris Messina
Nice updates — the mobile changes are especially big! (IMO) Not that you asked, but I'm guessing that those homepage filters are likely to be undiscovered by most folks... have you considered tabs instead? Or adding them next to the "Trending Topics" area?
Jamie Sprowl
@chrismessina Thanks Chris! Always appreciate your feedback and opinions. We couldn't agree more and the team is already thinking about how to make the filters more discoverable since they have been well-received.
Justin Bassett-Green
"we know your time matters" as I sit here browsing product hunt at 7am on a Saturday, I have to admit that I'm not exactly using my time efficiently to be fair
Ramy Wafaa
Amazing update! Finally the mobile version and the app are really usable ❤️ i really appreciate that! Btw nice use of our illustrations of product hunt cat on the loading screen 🙏
Rohan Chaubey
Thanks PH team for updating India's map on the Launch Dashboard per our request. :)
Matt Charlton
Great updates, but I don't seem to show up under solo maker, or a.i. Is this a manual setting I need to configure somewhere? Many Thanks
Michael Silber
@mcwebdev this is a recent addition to our launch process. When you are setting up your launch, we ask a few additional questions based upon your selections.
Simon
lovin the new app....hooray for no more bouncing (+) 🙂
Master Mind
A Facebook SMM Panel is a social media marketing tool that provides a centralized platform for managing and optimizing various aspects of a Facebook marketing campaign, including content scheduling, analytics, and audience engagement. https://smmperfect.com/buy-faceb...
Chemical Bull
Thank you for taking the time to share this information with me. It's highly appreciated! https://www.chemicalbull.com/pro...