[ChangeLog] August 25th, 2022 Release Notes

Jamie Sprowl
18 replies

This one goes out to all our makers! We’ve been hard at work finding ways to make Product Hunt a better place for makers to launch and continue sharing their product journey. To do that we created some resources to help make the most of your launch, and built an Add-ons tab in Product Hubs to help users discover all of the plugins, extensions, companions, templates, and more that complement your products.

• Launch Guide In an effort to help makers feel more prepared for launch day, we hosted our first-ever “How to launch on Product Hunt” webinar this month, and also published a Launch Guide to make it easier than ever to find everything (seriously, everything) you need to know about launching in one place.

• Case studies In addition to the step-by-step playbook for pre-launch through post-launch, we’ve included a few stories from other makers who have had successful launches on Product Hunt. Check out stories from Framer, Notion, and Loom founders to learn more about their experiences.

• Product Hubs add-ons Over the years, we’ve noticed an increase of products created to complement or integrate with others. This includes plugins, extensions, companions, templates, marketplace apps, and more.

• These products are usually classified as “related” to other products, but they’re much more than that. With that in mind, we thought it was time for these products to receive their own special category — Add-ons. Now, you can find Add-ons under a new tab on certain Product Hub pages (see Figma Add-ons for example).

• We hope that this new association helps more users find Add-ons that can increase their productivity and complement their experience while using their favorite products.

Replies

Launching soon!
Great work, team. I attended the webinar, and @ahiggz, @ejhodgins, and @sarah_wright7, you guys explained things so clearly and humbly. I loved that! And now, a well-organized and well-explained post! This platform is getting better and better every day. Keep up the great work.
Jamie Sprowl
@qudsia_ali thank you for your support! Always looking for ways to improve so please keep your feedback coming. :)
Imtiyaz - Curatora.io
I was glad I caught the recording of the event! It was super helpful for our launch and we ended up being the #4 Product of the day! https://www.producthunt.com/post...
Natasha Evans
Thank you for providing this information. I am delighted to come on this fantastic article. Waffle
Michal Jackowski
thank you, this is great!
Chris Messina
I'm finding a lot of odd or erroneous information in Hubs... will there be any features that allow OG Hunters to make updates/edits to improve outdated/obsolete data?
@chrismessina seems like a sensible feature to be able to do the updates. Also need a way to handover the product to Someone else in the case of a sale
Jamie Sprowl
@chrismessina great feedback. There will be lots of updates to Hubs still to come, and this is something we will be considering!
Jamie Sprowl
@chrismessina also worth noting that the current way you can request changes to a Hub is through the "Request changes to this page" link at the bottom right corner of every Hub.
Johan Steneros
I like the add-ons separation.
Marko Balažic
Wow, I love the idea of Add-ons! Big fan of starting and testing products under the umbrella of more prominent brands. Kudos to the product team at Product Hunt.
Emily jose
Hey, I really appreciate your efforts in the help of the community and providing us with very much informative stuff like this. Regards: Subwoofer Beast