Can you give feedback about my product? (Notion)

Ugur KILCI 😈
5 replies
I have developed a tool where you can make an API without knowing coding and generate income from it. Micro SaaS powered by Notion. I attended a hackathon 4 months ago and that's when the idea for API Maker was born. Write your information into Notion database. Then sign up for API Maker and connect your Notion. Then add the database link. Your API is ready. Top question: Notion has its own API. Why would I use API Maker? Answer: For simplicity and instant update! Simplicity: You must know coding to use Notion APIs. For example, you wrote your information in the database. And to get the API output of this, your account must have a Notion connection + access token must be used. Access token is a complicated situation for those who don't know any coding. You also need to connect from your account. After all, you can't give your account to everyone! That would be silly. :) Instant Update: If the page is set to be duplicated, then instant updates will not be available. If you have made an update to the API, that is, if you have added and deleted things in the Notion database, they will not appear on the duplicated page. Resources always stay outdated! What if something's wrong, you realized later. You can't fix it anymore because what you're selling is old information. Simplicity + Instant Update https://getapimaker.com/ What do you think? 😺

Replies

Yuri Lisin
Hey Uğur! I think I could be your target audience since I'm building products with no-code. However, after reading your website I am still not quite sure if that could be beneficial for me. You do have some application cases, but I wonder what happens next after API is being created with your app. What are my possible next steps to make a profit?
Ugur KILCI 😈
@yuryfication 2 good questions. You are not sure. Let's solve it first. You can create APIs without using code in API Maker. This gives us 2 specific results. You can use it for yourself. You can use it to sell if you want. If you are going to use it for yourself, you can still use it in nocode tools. For example, it can be used with Zapier (JSON). So how is the profit made in sales? You create the product from Gumroad to sell your API. And when you get 1 sale on Gumroad, the product is published on the Gumroad marketplace. With the audience coming from the Marketplace, the product, namely the API, earns a profit. The nice thing here is that when other members gain, a network is formed. With this network, your discovery rate is increasing. When you are discovered, you go up in the Gumroad algorithm. Then people explore other APIs. Then when you get them, you rise again with suggestions. A perfect vicious circle. :) Of course, as the number of members increases, I will create my own marketplace. In this way, you will be recognized even more. As a result, the product will market itself. By the way, I get 0 commission from the product/API you sell! Your earnings are 100% yours! :)
Ben Cotte
Hey there, I am Ben, have been product manager for 10years and I love services making API in a sec. I've been doing scripts to transform Google Sheets to API back in the days, and now using Airtable. All in all, I think that you are tapping into an interesting pain, and you need an extra effort on UI to better convey your message. I elaborated a bit on my impression reading your landing page with audio messages here: https://www.vero.fm/page/reciue6... I hope this can help.
Ugur KILCI 😈
@ben_cotte I'll think about your feedback first. Also, dude, your project is insanely beautiful! :D I shared your project in some groups. :)
Ben Cotte
@ugur2nd oh wow! Thanks mate! This is super nice! I post updates every week on here if you are interested or if you have someone in your entourage that always goes with audio first 😜 https://www.producthunt.com/upco...