Can being too goal-oriented impact you negatively?

Soumya
5 replies
At times we spend most of our free time planning our schedule for the next few days. The increased workload can at times not let you have the well-deserved break even when you are not working. Do you face similar issues?

Replies

Hamed Baatour
After testing many work schedules as an indie maker, I found out that most work systems that came with capitalism to get most of the employees such a 9-5 schedule + weekends unfortunately are the best way to stay productive in the long run. having goals without any specific work schedule will result in burnouts sooner or later because you can't draw a line in the sand to determine when work starts and when it ends. goals are a never-ending list of things to do so letting them only determine your daily work schedule means working 24h in a day nonstop. It might feel great to be highly motivated until reality hits and your body gives up. long term consistent output > temporary short term high output bursts
Soumya
@hamedbaatour The last line of your comment is definitely what I am going take back from this discussion. Consistency is key and it goes a long way. Thank you for your valuable feedback.
Anil Meena
As long as you are moving in the right direction with goal setting it's brilliant. Breaks or no breaks that's parts of the steps to achieve that goal. Anyhow, I think goals can be improved or changed midway. What do you think??
Soumya
@anil_meena21 That's accurate. Modifying the goals along the way surely help.
Guy Sussman
I always forget to work time in for breaks or relaxing- something I'm working on 😅