Building a toolbox for teams to thrive

Salih Mujcic
6 replies
Hi PH community! Been working in product for over a decade now with some b2b enterprise products under my belt but want to move and work on my own thing. Reason for context is that I've worked on enough teams that have had an incredible culture and that helped enormously irrespective of task or what we were building. I'm fascinated by this area and recently with a couple of other colleagues have decided that I wanted to build a platform that focuses on helping teams foster and achieve an incredible culture by providing them with toolbox for every step on their journey towards their goal. Initial thinking is highly experiential tools around new team member onboarding, awareness of self and others work style, feedback, agile process improvement, kudos, decision making processes all facilitated and handled by a virtual or digital team member. Any thoughts or feedback? I'm super keen to make this project open and transparent from start to finish in terms of building a community of users so any ideas or advice would be super welcomed!

Replies

vados
> I'm fascinated by this area and recently with a couple of other colleagues have decided that I wanted to build a platform that focuses on helping teams foster and achieve an incredible culture by providing them with toolbox for every step on their journey towards their goal. Initial thinking is highly experiential tools around new team member onboarding, awareness of self and others work style, feedback, agile process improvement, kudos, decision making processes all facilitated and handled by a virtual or digital team member. This is quite the mouthful -- could you focus it any? There are entire companies that do just one thing in there, like the kudos.
Salih Mujcic
@vados Yeah 100% and thank you for your feedback vados. The initial drop will be focused around bringing teams together by highlighting work styles. I guess my goal is to offer an end to end solution for teams on the soft side of things. A Jira of types that provides controls and limits the risk around team dynamics rather than the typical metrics we tend to care about like velocity, sprint points and technical ability. I guess you are suggesting that the product is too broad and may as a result not appeal to anyone or do anything particularly well as there incumbents working on a single thing and doing that?
vados
@salih_mujcic Yup that's exactly what I'm saying -- it's a bit hard to get a good idea *exactly* what you're doing, and trying to do everything seems like a lot!
Salih Mujcic
@vados just to update you out of respect as you were the only one to provide me with feedback. You can check out the product at https://cadrelo.com/
vados
@salih_mujcic Yeah PH has been more misses than hits for me lately. Launching products here only seems to invite spammers to email me, and there's been less and less meaningful feedback. Beautiful landing page though -- getting out there and talking to customers/alpha users will shake out which features users really want to pay for faster than asking here anyway :)
Salih Mujcic
@vados We're really taking our time and taking a small amount of teams through the journey. So far the user interviews have been incredible. Some of the things we are building turn traditional rituals and ceremonies on their heads. I was terrible at explaining but with time the idea is taking shape and we're really listening. Thanks again for your feedback.