Blog sites - hosted or Build Your Own?

Dave Bain
13 replies
Hi All, What's everyone's preference when it comes to blog sites, do you BYO as I have or are there some great hosted options? Do you know any great hosted blog sites that are customizable with your own domain, have lots of template options, quick cross-referencing, and as a bonus option help with popular search queries/phrases across different search engines (Google, duck-duck etc)? Thanks!

Replies

Colleen Camacho
I believe in hosting my own website. I have a website bvc logistics tracking international Leopard Courier Franchise that is created and hosted by me. And thanks for the suggestions.
Raitis Velps
Been writing quite a lot on Medium. Love it! And it has almost everything you mentioned above.
Fabian Maume
Medium is a good hosting platform. You can combine it with a self-hosted blog. Post your content on self-hosted blog and reshare it on medium using the import feature: https://help.medium.com/hc/en-us...
Atul Ghorpade
@fabian_maume Do you write on Medium? If so, then share me you profile link. I would like to read your content there.
Stefan Smiljkovic
Get Ghost, it's great. The only downside is collaborating with other editors and revisions.
joe peter
I believe in hosting my own website. I have a website Leopard Courier Franchise that is created and hosted by me. And thanks for the suggestions.
Atul Ghorpade
@joe_peter2 Great Joe. Do you need help in SEO?
Umair Ahmad
I have read your article, it is very informative and helpful for me
Emaa Steven
Hello! When it comes to blog sites, preferences can vary depending on individual needs and preferences. Some people prefer to build their own (BYO) blog sites, while others opt for hosted options. Both approaches have their advantages and considerations. If you're looking for a great hosted blog site that offers customization with your own domain, plenty of template options, and quick cross-referencing, there are a few popular options to consider: 1. WordPress.com: WordPress.com is a widely used hosted blogging platform that offers a range of customizable themes, domain mapping, and plugins for added functionality. It has a user-friendly interface and supports search engine optimization (SEO) to help with visibility on search engines. 2. Blogger: Blogger is a free hosted blogging platform by Google. It allows customization with your own domain and offers a selection of templates to choose from. While it may not have as many advanced features as some other platforms, it provides a straightforward blogging experience. 3. Wix: Wix is a popular website builder that includes blogging capabilities. It offers customizable templates, a drag-and-drop editor, and SEO tools to optimize your content for search engines. It allows you to connect your own domain and offers a range of additional features. Remember to assess your specific requirements and consider factors such as ease of use, flexibility, SEO options, and pricing when selecting a hosted blog site. It's also a good idea to explore user reviews and compare features to find the best fit for your blogging needs. Don't forget to visit my blog: https://trackposstore.com/ Happy blogging!