Blockchain - Use cases other than FinTech?

Nicole Ogloza
4 replies
How many people know on here about other use cases on blockchain other than FinTech? I feel as if FinTech is another '.com bubble' ready to explode, and wanted to know if anyone here has other use cases that we can use this technology for. Here are a few of my thoughts, and would love to see if we can add to this discussion: User case 1: Blockchain is giving people identities. In africa, I have seen blockchain used for this. For example, if you live in a township.poor area, parents would go to schools and pay a fee. Most of the time, schools in these areas are super dangerous and 'schemy' and the partners that pay for their child's school fees, get a message the next day from the admins of the school and tell them "they never received a fee" and scams their child from getting into a school. Blockchain can assist with giving people an identity and showing that they have paid and therefore, their child can go to school. Blockchain and the media: Let me know your thoughts. Curious to see how this can be applied to the media, to seal this misinformation nonsense in some way. How would this be monetized? What would be unique in this space that has not been applied, or thought of before? Happy to answer any questions. We are launching a new app about misinformation and political polarization and creating an equilibrium through social cohesion. It would be of great help if someone can provide thoughts or concerns as to what is possible on the blockchain.

Replies

Ivan Ralic
NFTs are hella interesting to me šŸ˜„ They are basically assets you can resell but can also use in your tech to give the owner special features. New airline company might start with NFTs that would act like free ticket for life. So when the company grows if you are not using your ticket you can resell it for a lot of money to someone who would use it. Membership cards, conferences etc. Business gets money at the begining users get it in value or resell it later. Win-win šŸ˜„ NFTs for NGOs are also something I can't wait to see in it's full glory šŸ˜Š
Nicole Ogloza
@ralic Thanks for that. Aware of NFT's...really good at securing conversations on the blockchain, and different from managing the ownership of the assets. Thanks for that!
Vasiliy Shilov
@ralic NFTs are really fascinating! They provide a unique approach to represent digital asset ownership and may be utilized in a range of businesses, including travel and events. šŸ’” We can use the power of web3 technology to construct safe and decentralized systems for handling NFTs, assuring their security and ease of transfer. I'm very enthused about the possibility for NGOs to employ NFTs since they can assist promote openness and accountability in the allocation of aid and resources. Overall, NFTs are a game changer in the area of digital ownership, and I'm excited to watch how they develop further.
Vasiliy Shilov
Beyond FinTech, blockchain technology has the potential to transform a wide range of sectors. šŸ”“ In healthcare, for example, blockchain may be used to securely store and distribute patient data while preserving privacy and accuracy. šŸ’” Blockchain can enable transparency and traceability in supply chain management, decreasing fraud and enhancing efficiency. In the energy industry, blockchain can enable peer-to-peer energy trade and promote renewable energy development. šŸš€ The possibilities are inexhaustible and with the arrival of Web3 innovations, we are only touching the surface of what is possible. Dear web3 fans and project founders, I am impatiently looking forward to hearing about more of your examples!