"Better do it and regret it rather than not do it and regret it." What are some of your regrets?

Raghav Goyal
24 replies

Replies

Raghav Goyal
@devaonbreaches @manuel_astudillo agreed a person who has walked the path and has been there, doing that, would help the most. That's what we're trying to build as well.
Jyo Boral
Not getting into the domain of finance and crypto a little earlier.
Robin
@jyo_boral @rg97 Still early, unless you're into Dodgecoin and Bitcoin. Defi and Web3... :)
Devanand Premkumar
@jyo_boral I can relate to that as well. Even with limited knowledge the exposure could have had a major impact.
Mayank Gupta
Wasting a lot of time doing wrong things in college and trusting the wrong people.
Stuti Agarwal
Not trying that mushroom and gruyere open sandwich that is now off the menu!
Robin
not become independent earlier.
Devanand Premkumar
@robinkunz I am curious about what made you think like that. Would be great if you can share your positive experience related to independent professional.
Raghav Goyal
@robinkunz @devaonbreaches So Robin, I believe everyone has their own time when they're more open to exploration. A little earlier, or a little later, doesn't matter unless the awakening is truly real.
Manuel Astudillo
In the context of entrepreneurship what I regret was starting a business too early. Early in the sense of not having knowledge about things that I today consider basic, such as what is an MVP, how to market your product, how to position your product in the value chain etc. If I was to start all over I would spend at least 6 months just reading all I could about entrepreneurship, business development and probably listening to all podcasts from Indiehackers :). Having that knowledge in your tool-belt when you actually decide to start the business will save you a huge amount of pain and time otherwise lost on learning the stuff the hard way...
Devanand Premkumar
@manuel_astudillo Hard lessons of life learnt through experience is not going to waste. It will sure come along with you till the end :)
Raghav Goyal
@manuel_astudillo @devaonbreaches Manuel would a mentor have help you expedite your process of growth? We're building a mentor driven product to guide learners in the path they'd like to take up, in any creative skill or hobby. Think of it more like a digital lifestyle. Entrepreneurship is a creative process as well, and I believe we'll be starting a cohort in entrepreneurship soon too. Let me know if you'd like to know more, here's a link for your reference - habbit.co.in - it's still Work In Progress :)
Manuel Astudillo
@devaonbreaches @rg97 a mentor would have helped if it is a good, knowledgeable mentor. At some point we had coaches, three different actually. None had ever managed to start a successful business so they were literally a waste of our time.
Mrinalini Rabindranath
Not exploring interests outside the course I was pursuing because it felt like a waste of time. I spent too much time honing skills in a field I had no intention of working in.
Raghav Goyal
@mrinalini_r I can completely relate to that. Up until I was 23, I was doing something I despised doing. But I can gladly say that I'm on a path of exploration right now, that is definitely something I am enjoying. Everyone has their own time of realisation, there's no right time I believe, but when it hits, its great.
Varsha Anil
@mrinalini_r I can relate to this. I took up a course because I caught up with the rat-race. That time could have been utilised to explore a skill that I enjoyed, but it is never too late to start doing something you enjoy. As long as you make small steps of progress it is worth it.
Mrinalini Rabindranath
@varshaanil Very true! It's difficult to see others go the mainstream route and not wonder if we're making a mistake should we choose to do something different. With the added pressure of feeling like we're wasting precious years trying to figure it out