"Better do it and regret it rather than not do it and regret it." What are some of your regrets?

Raghav Goyal
24 replies

Replies

Mayank Gupta
Wasting a lot of time doing wrong things in college and trusting the wrong people.
Raghav Goyal
@mayank_gupta11 Learn from mistakes > Don't make mistakes
Mayank Gupta
I have done a lot of things that I should not have. But I don't actually regret it.
Jyo Boral
Not getting into the domain of finance and crypto a little earlier.
Robin
@jyo_boral @rg97 Still early, unless you're into Dodgecoin and Bitcoin. Defi and Web3... :)
Devanand Premkumar
@jyo_boral I can relate to that as well. Even with limited knowledge the exposure could have had a major impact.
Raghav Goyal
@jyo_boral Haha better late than never :)
Jyo Boral
@rg97 @robinkunz oh I am deep into now. loving it.
Stuti Agarwal
Not trying that mushroom and gruyere open sandwich that is now off the menu!
Raghav Goyal
@stuti hahahaha yum. Sending you some from here :)
Robin
not become independent earlier.
Devanand Premkumar
@robinkunz I am curious about what made you think like that. Would be great if you can share your positive experience related to independent professional.
Raghav Goyal
@robinkunz @devaonbreaches So Robin, I believe everyone has their own time when they're more open to exploration. A little earlier, or a little later, doesn't matter unless the awakening is truly real.
Manuel Astudillo
In the context of entrepreneurship what I regret was starting a business too early. Early in the sense of not having knowledge about things that I today consider basic, such as what is an MVP, how to market your product, how to position your product in the value chain etc. If I was to start all over I would spend at least 6 months just reading all I could about entrepreneurship, business development and probably listening to all podcasts from Indiehackers :). Having that knowledge in your tool-belt when you actually decide to start the business will save you a huge amount of pain and time otherwise lost on learning the stuff the hard way...
Devanand Premkumar
@manuel_astudillo Hard lessons of life learnt through experience is not going to waste. It will sure come along with you till the end :)
Raghav Goyal
@manuel_astudillo @devaonbreaches Manuel would a mentor have help you expedite your process of growth? We're building a mentor driven product to guide learners in the path they'd like to take up, in any creative skill or hobby. Think of it more like a digital lifestyle. Entrepreneurship is a creative process as well, and I believe we'll be starting a cohort in entrepreneurship soon too. Let me know if you'd like to know more, here's a link for your reference - habbit.co.in - it's still Work In Progress :)
Manuel Astudillo
@devaonbreaches @rg97 a mentor would have helped if it is a good, knowledgeable mentor. At some point we had coaches, three different actually. None had ever managed to start a successful business so they were literally a waste of our time.
Mrinalini Rabindranath
Not exploring interests outside the course I was pursuing because it felt like a waste of time. I spent too much time honing skills in a field I had no intention of working in.
Raghav Goyal
@mrinalini_r I can completely relate to that. Up until I was 23, I was doing something I despised doing. But I can gladly say that I'm on a path of exploration right now, that is definitely something I am enjoying. Everyone has their own time of realisation, there's no right time I believe, but when it hits, its great.
Varsha Anil
@mrinalini_r I can relate to this. I took up a course because I caught up with the rat-race. That time could have been utilised to explore a skill that I enjoyed, but it is never too late to start doing something you enjoy. As long as you make small steps of progress it is worth it.
Mrinalini Rabindranath
@varshaanil Very true! It's difficult to see others go the mainstream route and not wonder if we're making a mistake should we choose to do something different. With the added pressure of feeling like we're wasting precious years trying to figure it out
Raghav Goyal
@devaonbreaches @manuel_astudillo agreed a person who has walked the path and has been there, doing that, would help the most. That's what we're trying to build as well.