Best books for founders that aren't "business" books

Oliver Kraftman
13 replies
What are the best books you've read that help you in your work, but aren't necessarily 'business' books? I'm reading Imperium by Robert Harris, a historical novel about the life of Ancient Roman statesman, Cicero, and it's an incredible insight into communication, strategy and creativity. What would you recommend?

Replies

Ari Bencuya
The Little Engine that Could :)
Aditya
Daniel Kahneman's 'Thinking, Fast and Slow' is such a wonderful book, helping one to understand how complex the human decision-making process is... and how it can be attuned to certain preferences. Really helpful for Founders as all of them need some sort of behavioural change in users to adopt new products :)
Oyetayo Oyewolu
Blink by Malcolm Gladwell...A good read, talks about the human mind, the way it works and affect our decisions.
Sadirdin Tojiboev
Hooked by Nil Eyal. About how we get hooked things like, facebook, instagram, twitter, etc. Descripbes how we get addicted to out daily habits
Oliver Kraftman
@sadirdin_tojiboev This was an easy read and good for building intuition around creating products that get people coming back for more. Was a bit light on detail though...
Raitis Velps
Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win by Jocko Willink. In my experience this has truly laid foundation on owning your space, your problems and team you work with. Life changing book.
Viacheslav Derzhaev
I'm a firm believer that "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand is a book every founder should read before any 'business' books)
Ashley Kizlyk
Dickens really equipped me with some insight on human motivations...
Galia Ben David
Malcolm Gladwel has really insightful books about mentality for success and personal growth, all by being completely based on facts and research!
Atul Ghorpade
The Go-Giver by Bob Berg