Authentication Advise 🔒

Solomon Bush
5 replies
Going to be releasing v1 of LogHarvestor's platform this May or June. Right now I just have "credential" authentication (username/password) but I was considering adding SSO using GitHub, Google, etc. I have a feeling that this would improve my conversion rates, but I wanted to see if anyone has done this and seen an increase in user signups. Any advice? Should I spend time on SSO or just stick with credential authentication?

Replies

Davor Kolenc
I don't think you need to add it in the early stages of your product development, and many tools out there that do have it, offer it mostly on larger plans.
Solomon Bush
@davor_kolenc This is good advice. No need to overcomplicate things :)
Dylan Merideth
Yeah it definitely seems to have taken root in more premium offerings, we did choose to implement it up front from a user experience perspective, and our tech stack made it more approachable
Solomon Bush
@dylan_merideth Hmm, I think my stack might allow for it too. I am using NextJs, and considering switching to NextAuth or Passport for managing sessions. Which stack do you use?
Dylan Merideth
@solomon_bush we are using nextjs and Firebase, which happens to come with Google authentication out of the box