Asking for feedback: An app that provides key ideas from books in 2-min stories

Duc Le Minh
10 replies
Hi all, We are currently working on building GistRead - an app that gives you key ideas from the best non-fiction books in 2-min stories. Does it sounds like something that you'd like to try? We'd love for you guys to check it out and give us feedback on this idea. Thanks! Our landing page: https://gistread.launchaco.com/

Replies

Dawn Veltri
There are so many books that could be one chapter or less but spend 15-20 chapters restating the same idea. Great idea. I will give it a look.
Duc Le Minh
@dawn_veltri1 Thanks Dawn Veltri! We also want to help people make the most of their time to learn by using this. With just a few taps or swipes, you can easily gain something from books (key ideas or maybe quotes) in less than 2 minutes.
Karina Skrinnik
Sometimes the key ideas from the book can fit in a couple of pages and it doesn`t worth a lot of time to read the book completely. So I think your app can be really useful!
Duc Le Minh
@karina_skrinnik Thanks Karina! I'm glad that you like this idea. I'd love to invite you to join our beta and try this. If you're interested, please leave your email :D
Duc Le Minh
@karina_skrinnik Or you can directly join our Slack Community via this link: https://join.slack.com/t/gistrea... Thanks, Duc
Annie Li
Sounds exactly like Blinkist, although Blinkist has the advantage of great publisher relationships that they're able to receive the book before physical copies come out to work on the insights
Duc Le Minh
Thanks for your question @annienxli. There are a few differences between us and Blinkist: - We don't try to be a "book summary app" like Blinkist. What we are doing here is to create a place where people can have easy access to knowledge, ideas from books. You don't have to finish an entire book to gain something new, just open GistRead and take a few key ideas from it whenever you have time. - We focus on Story Format which is more fun and sharable.
Annie Li
@duc_le_minh Thanks so much for the clarifications! Although I don't really understand the difference 😅 By story format, do you mean like Instagram stories?