As an entrepreneur, do you regret that you should have read that book when you were 13?

Imtiyaz - Curatora.io
8 replies
I know this is something off but, what book you would have gifted yourself when you were 13? My nephew is going to celebrate his 13th birthday on 21st October and start his journey as a teenager. I want to gift him a book that inspires him to cultivate a reading habit and build his personality as well. A few of my friends recommended, "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie. I'd appreciate any other good suggestions?

Replies

Raffy Banks
I love this question. It’s something I think about a lot. Book recommendations are tough. Even tougher when the goal is too impart something beyond entertainment. I would have loved to have been gifted Mastery by Robert Greene. At 13, there’s a chance it would have sat on my shelf for years but I know it would have eventually called to me. Finding your “life’s task,” as Robert explains in the book, does not come easy. But when you do find it, and get on a path to mastery, the rewards are infinite.
Imtiyaz - Curatora.io
@raffybanks Thank you so much for sharing your insights! Definitely give a look at it.
Akram Quraishi
I haven't ready this one, but heard a lot about it. Do hard things.
Ender
At 13, I was doing science fairs and reading sci-fi. I am really happy I did this and have no regrets. I don’t think every 13 year old needs to be reading business/self-help nonfiction.
Tunku Ozair
Rich Dad Poor Dad - Robert Kiyosaki
Imtiyaz - Curatora.io
@tunku_ozair Thank you! It's really a good suggestion.