As a startup, how do you grow your audience?

Dhruv Bhatia
11 replies
What strategies do you follow for Social Media (Twitter, Instagram, etc.) and your newsletter? How do you build your audience?

Replies

Dagobert Renouf
First is use a human account, not a company account. As people would rather interact with other people. Then I just add value to conversations on twitter, which starts increasing my following. Then the more followers I have, the more I tweet. But I always try to bring value to existing conversations.
Dhruv Bhatia
@dagorenouf good points. What success have you seen in converting your Twitter followers to users / customers?
Dagobert Renouf
@dhruv_bhatia I've had a couple sales last week that came directly from that. I'm not trying to force it, just building in public and trying to bring value in convos. Some tweets take off and it gets my app some visibility. Nothing uber strategic really 🤷‍♂️
Dillon Peterson
@dagorenouf Great points. These have been my findings as well, still have a long way to go learning all of it, but it adds such a high degree of genuine authenticity. It isn't sales for the sake of sales, it's service for the sake of serving others, either with product or content value.
Dagobert Renouf
@dillon_peterson right on Dillon, focus on providing value and people naturally get curious about what you sell.
Georgina
Provide free solutions in the niche you're in. People are attracted to freebies, it's like a magnet Hope this helped?
Lola Casamitjana
For social media: create valuable content, beautiful images, reels, hashtags For newsletters: a landing page with a freebie indeed as Georgina mentionned. Everywhere make sure you bring value to the community. People will follow people indeed. But they will follow people that brings something to their life, not that only tries to sell. Give and they will give back! :)
Emma Phượng Nguyễn
Bring values - the better it is the better your audience is!
Hanas Roberto
Strongly recommend the book "Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business" by Gino Wickman