Are you on Indie Hackers?

Hannah S Kim
26 replies
I recently joined Indie Hackers, and am in the process of learning more about its community. In your experience, how have you used the platform, and how have you contributed/benefitted from it? Are there any best practices for engaging with other founders and makers?

Replies

Ivan Homola
I love Indie Hackers. It's a great community where you can get feedback on your product and find very interesting content. You can create a project and share milestones. I found this feature very useful. I used to be quite active there, but I miss the personal touch. I didn't really know those people there, and they didn't know me. It's a big community, so it's impossible to know everyone. That's why I decided to create a small friendly community of indie makers. We are a bunch of friends with whom you share the post you found on Indie Hackers. 🙂 Also, we share our weekly goals and have regular mastermind calls.
Hannah S Kim
@ichangetheway Very cool idea, thanks for sharing!
Lior Barak
I am there but didn't manage to get anything out of it yet
Andrew Thompson
@lior_barak Same, trying to figure out how to get max benefits from there now.
Moritz Wobith
I am also active there! I found it really useful. You have different knowledge-groups which you can join. E.G. "Growth", "Feedback" or "SEO". You can read the threads or ask for specific problems/questions you have. In my experience the Indie Hackers community is very helpful and respectful!
Katerina
@mwobith Agree with you. The way to have a niche within a community is good.
Moritz Wobith
@vladojsem Great! I can show you around via Zoom/Hangouts or just explain you in the chat what you want to know :)
Moritz Wobith
@hannahsuyun Great to hear! If you have any more questions don't hesitate and ask:) I am happy to help!
Moritz Wobith
I can explain it in more detail when you want :) Or go through the website step by step🚀
Vladimír Seman
@mwobith i would be also interested to hear more
Al
Yeah It's great. So far I've mostly used it to get feedback on ideas.
Hannah S Kim
@justfitnessguy Yes, the comments seem to be very kind and helpful.
Fabian Maume
I'm on Indie Hackers, but I'm not much active there.
Daniela Passos
I am there @hannahsuyun! https://www.indiehackers.com/pos... Hope this is useful, I have found some amazing resources and knowledge there.
Hannah S Kim
@danielamoitinho Thank you for sharing, Daniela! I can see this being useful for email/blog/social media marketing :)
Cica-Laure Mbappé
Hi, I joined Indie Hackers two months ago. I surprisingly l learned a lot of stuff. Follow the groups you might be interested in and don't be afraid to ask for feedback. The IH community is really supportive.
Md Salehin Khan
I am on Indiehackers & actively following the makers & it's very helpful for me to grow my business & knowledge
Pankaj Patidar
Yes, I'm on Indiehackers. it's a great place to learn about other makers and see progress and share progress while you build in public. here's me https://www.indiehackers.com/Ind...
Bernard Laporte
Je n'ai pas encore eu l'occasion de rejoindre la communauté. Cependant, je trouve que c'est très tentant et je vais peut être y passer
Nazim @Koinju
This is not about hackers, this is about spirit ! Think different ?
ray_heriel
Its a great place to be