Are Facebook Groups answer to find first 100 customers?

Danish Soomro, MBA.
13 replies
I know you are doing SEO, Ads, and Cold emailing but have you tried the Facebook Groups yet? Science: 80% of all purchases are a direct result of word-of-mouth. Facebook groups are trusted spaces where digital word of mouth, recommendations, and discovery happen. Speaking from experience as I run a group of 154000 members :) Numbers: FB groups are used by 2B people a month. Most of N. Americans 30+ GenX and Millenials are there and part of groups. This means people with money. 1 post and its comments are on average seen/read by 3000-10,000 people.(depending on the group size and post content) so if you monitor posts and add genuine helpful comments with product plugs could translate into sales and product awareness 100% free. 100 clients case study: I am monitoring 25 groups of my target audience and found 70 closed deals in the last 3 months. I know some businesses are doing 200+ sales just from the group as their product has demand. Tools: Now monitoring 25 groups' posts can eat up about 2-3 hours a day. Shameless plug time: I created a small utility to monitor all your Facebook groups for leads automatically :) and launched today so please check out there. https://www.producthunt.com/post... Tips: 1. Make sure you join the best Niche groups where your potential clients hang out. 2. Respect the rules, do not comment directly about your business. 3. Wait until the newcomer badge goes off your profile so the admin does not see you a SPAMMER. 4. Give more than Take :) genuinely add helpful comments and be a part of the community after all you have long-term benefits. 5. When it's an ideal post to plug the product, just make sure you add "not sure if links are allowed, admins please remove if against the rules" this shows respect for admins and would be more open to letting you promote your products. 6. Always address the post in question, answer that, then add your product or service in the end. So if you are a founder, marketer, or salesperson adding Facebook groups to your strategy will do wonders, in short term, it could give you quick leads that are ready to buy, and in long term, it will give your business free outreach to thousands of people. Please ask me more questions :) and if you like my effort I would encourage to vote my Facebook group monitoring tool. Thanks alot.

Replies

Jerry Vee
Awesome insights! You can even ask for an email as an entry survey and then leverage it on the other channels 😸
Pattrick
Great insight! Thanks!
Amelia
Thanks for your tips!
Annie
Thanks for sharing!
Santa
How would this apply to B2B model?
Falcon
Thanks for building Devi Ai & sharing great insights.
Brenna Donoghue
Super interesting. I have tended to deprioritize facebook these days, worried that people are spending less time on the platform. You're giving me pause to reconsider!
Danish Soomro, MBA.
@brenna_donoghue GenX and Millenials will always consume text-based communications as they grew up with it.
Brenna Donoghue
@danishsoomro Probably (and I say this as a millennial!), but it doesn't mean that they'll do so on Facebook specifically.
Sophia Watt
Worthful to read your case study.
Ankit Sharma
100% agree. I manage a FB group and I know the potential of the community. I help many founders to promote their Saas for free.
Nitin P
My experience with FB groups are that they are just full on crypto peddlers and other spammy sellers. Rare to find any useful group.