Any tips for finding relevant web information faster?

Jennifer
9 replies
Have you ever spent hours on end, reading about a new subject, technique, or solution to a problem before getting just the right information you need? I usually do different search variations on Google, click on the links that seem most relevant for what I am looking for, then read way too many pages from different sites to see if the same information gets repeated so I can use them as best practices. This feels counterproductive with the increasing amounts of content available online. Do you have any tips for making this process shorter? Are there any available tools that can run that search for you and gather top approved and tested practices across the web?

Replies

Wiktoria Jaszcza
Hi Jennifer, thanks for great question. Same here. If you haven't tried it yet, maybe this will help a little? https://you.com (Found here on ph.)
Ashit Vora
@w_j How do you use You to find the information you need? I'm little confused on this. Genuinely.
Wiktoria Jaszcza
@ashitvora imo this gives more meaningful hints. I'm not saying it resolves the issue. Glad to see better suggestions from others :)
Dawn Veltri
Following because I could definitely use some tips on this.
Adam Casole-Buchanan
I simple technique I often employ is to add "reddit" after the Google search you want. Redditors are a discerning bunch, and relevant questions have valid answers to them more often than not.
Jennifer
@adamcbuchanan I've never tried that technique, I'll test it on my next search. Thanks for the tip Adam!