Any tips for a first launch?

Ari Abdul
41 replies
Hi guys! I'm currently working at Facilitybot.co and we're hoping to post our very first launch sometime in the next couple of months.It'd be nice to get some useful tips/ideas from everyone in this community on achieving a successful first launch or just launch in general!

Replies

Sara Douglas
First product is usually a challenging for a person. we had cery emotional ties with our first product. I remember when i was launching sell my house fast inglewood ca back in 2016 i was worried how to start.
Fabian Maume
This is the action plan I would recommend: https://docs.google.com/spreadsh... And here is a comparison of the results of my last launches to put it into perspective: https://fabian-maume.medium.com/...
tejesh
@fabian_maume please make spreadsheet public?
Abderisak
@fabian_maume Thanks for sharing Fabian. This might be useful for a lot of people.
Teon Stamenovic
@fabian_maume Thanks for sharing! This is really helpful!
Jenny Nicholson
@fabian_maume okay this is awesome. whenever we've launched in the past, we always do this stuff scattershot. love the timeline.
Sharath Kuruganty
Some basic tips from my experience: - Given you have some time, I highly recommend building in public. Helps your audience to see where you can in your journey. - Always look for feedback when you launch on Product Hunt. - Warm-up your early believers so that they can support you on the launch day. - Add a story to your first comment and be as authentic as possible. People love stories. - Be available for everyone. Take criticism with a pinch of salt and celebrate positive feedback. - Have fun with the launch :)
Daniel Ramirez
@5harath Building in public is a big plus! And if you use popular technologies like React, tag them on Twitter, they might just retweet it to their hundred thousands of followers!
Wout Dispa
Make sure you check https://blog.producthunt.com/how... - they wrote down in detail how you do it. Stick to the plan :)
Michael Marra
A good hunter helps, check out https://yvoschaap.com/producthunt/ Growing an email list or twitter following before helps too. And using Ship tool can be useful
Anna Kuzma
@michaelwmarra Hey Michael. I'm pretty new to ProductHunt, also trying to figure out how to do the first launch... I meet lots of mentions of Ship. Could you please describe in a couple of words how it actually works?
Abderisak
@michaelwmarra Building a list certainly helps. It enables you to get your first few hundred (or thousands) users immediately.
Adam Esk
The best tips is Google unfortunately
Joy McNeil
Take care of yourself first. Self care and self compassion first.
Danielle Poe
According to me, you should emphasize your value proposition.
Harpreet Chhabra
Hi Ari, I am here to share how we helped couple of other launches to be successful through our animated videos. it helps drive customer loyalty, smoothen negative user experience, grow brand awareness, and increase customer retention. Emotions drive a significant number of our decisions. It’s neither bad nor good, but it’s just a fact that every product creator should remember. It’s difficult to find a more effective way to evoke human emotions than to do it in an engaging, funny, and visually appealing video.
Ari Abdul
@harpreet_chhabra Hey Harpreet! Thanks for this! Definitely will try to evoke some emotions to connect with the audience!
Harpreet Chhabra
@ari_facilitybot Great! so would you be open for a quick chat?
Abderisak
Don't overthink it. Think of any established startup that you know. You probably don't remember their launch. View the launch as a continuous process.
Vanessa Onuegbu
Make sure you distributed what you're building across as many platforms as you can!
Paul Mit
I've recently collected pre-launch tips that we do in while building Aaply www.aaply.app. Here they are: Preparing basics: 1. Branding + landing page. 2. Let users join the waitlist starting the first day of development/idea. 3. Creating social media accounts (tw, li, fb, medium). 4. Beginning to post, posting process content (what you are building, why, how, etc.) 5. Basic SEO optimisation. 6. Analytics setup (GA, SearchConsole, etc). 💬 Communication pre-launch: 1. Guest blogging. 2. Being active in tw/li discussions. 3. Reaching out to industry influencers. 4. Content marketing (blog + reddit/medium). 5. Co-promo with partners (products with later-stage startups with an audience). 💻 Product pre-launch: 1. Closed beta (limited functions, very very small group of users). 2. Сlosed beta №2 (more people after fixing few bugs 😁). 3. Access for all users from waitlist (when MVP/EVP is ready). Hope this helps!
Vanessa Onuegbu
Join the communities where your target audience is!
Julia Doronina
Hello, Ari! I just finished my article today about our experience with the tips, insights, and advice https://medium.com/@demyanchuk.j... I hope it will be helpful! Good luck with the launch!
Anurag Prasoon
Focus on the core features of your product and Just Launch. get feedbacks from people, analyze the feedbacks and try to improve the product.
kumarrsushil501
The best tips is Google unfortunately