Any non-designers use Figma?

Deepa from True Sparrow
34 replies
I know a lot of designers using Figma. But do non-designers use Figma as well? And if yes, then for what?

Replies

Nik Hazell
I use it to comment and feedback on the work our designers are doing. Sort of the same, but it's very useful for bringing non-designers (i.e. me!) into the conversation!
Ryan Gilbert
I do! I use it to make terrible mock ups that get the general gist of my idea out there... basically one step up from pen and paper πŸ˜…
Deepa from True Sparrow
@ryangilbert so you moved from pen and paper to figma?
killian Fjellbakk
@ryangilbert same here, we call it "low fidelity mockups", but in reality it should be called low quality mockups xD
Myself, and the rest of my team does. We use it as a way to manage all the design aspects of all our product, branding, website, and marketing efforts. We also use it to brainstorm and collaborate on things before sending them off to our designer.
Tarun Karthikeyan
I never knew designing before I made my app, does that make me a non-designer :D ? My only experience designing before Figma was in PowerPoint lol. I used it to design fully interactive mockups and get feedback from users. I'm not a programmer, but I made sure every button in my Figma prototype work and used Figma Mirror on my phone to demo the product to friends, family etc. to get feedback in the initial days. I still get feedback from everyone I know by designing prototypes in Figma and sending it to people before I have it actually built in the app. It draws a lot more useful feedback than just describing the idea over voice or rough sketches on paper because they get a much better preview of the actual experience.
Deepa from True Sparrow
@tarun_karthikeyan I understand your pain when you say you made mocks in PowerPoint. I did too! Then came balsamic but it was not as simple to share with every one and get feedback. Figma has been at another level in terms of ease and collaboration.
Shreya R Nambiar
I do to make wireframes or mockups for landing pages or social media posts. It helps me to give the designers ideas for how I want the structure of content on their design to look. I have also used Figma to create hero images for blogs.
Andrew C.
im not a designer, but i have been using FIMGA im kinda lovin it
Deepa from True Sparrow
@andrewcanday Thats great. What do you use it for?
Andrew C.
@shahdeepa well i have been using it to play around with colours for the templates that go up on my Crypto News website COINSHOTS.com you should check it out!
Sarah Jordi
I also use it as a non-designer. :D I usually draft up stuff and then have our chief designer look at it and fix all my mistakes πŸ˜… but I love that process because (i think... i hope...) it makes his life easier as he doesn't has to create from scratch and I'm learning a lot in the process. But I still only know very basic stuff and it's easier for me to work with components someone has pre-created for me, so I can just move and slightly adjust them.
Deepa from True Sparrow
@sarahxjo You can always learn more but this is great as well. Using a visual tool helps our ideas get more refined.
Tania Kot
yes, Figma is so easy to navigate. perfect for creating simple and easy-to-read presentations.
I've been considering it..
Kazimieras Melaika
I do. I'm not doing any work there but reviewing a design/product built in Figma. Btw, we’re launching in late May. Check out our upcoming PH page: www.producthunt.com/upcoming/eff... Our project is called: Effecto. It’s an app for detailed habit, health, symptoms, and meds tracking. Pretty much for everything that is related to your physical or mental health and every daily factor that can affect you.
Soham Sharma
Hi @shahdeepa I have been using Figma for prototyping our website design and the wireframe of it.
Daniel Engels
I am a developer and not at all a designer, and I use Figma rather often
Talia Bender
Yes! Generally, I use a combination of Figma and Canva for my "design" needs. I find them both extremely easy to use to create everything from presentations to social media imagery.
Kathryn Leslie
I do! I use it to create marketing materials for social media.
Maya Ben Zid
I feel like marketing teams use Figma as well, mostly as a way to collaborate with and coordinate designers. Our team definitely does this and we are really happy with how things are working out.
Dylan Merideth
@ryangilbert I also usually use it to bring a whiteboard design into the digital realm, I think its a powerful tool for starting a UI journey and communicating those ideas to builders or to a team as a means of brainstorming
Deepa from True Sparrow
@ryangilbert @dylan_merideth After using Figma so much, I now have started thinking in Figma. So whenever I start thinking, I open Figma. And now, I have an idea board where I dump my ideas.
Gurpinder Singh
Yes! Using it to create social media content. It's great tool