Anxieties around launch

Sri Nikitha
6 replies
There are hundreds of blogs and thousands of posts around on how to launch products on Product Hunt. I felt so overwhelmed and anxious about PH launch. Am I the only one who is overwhelmed?

Replies

Angi Bowman
Agreed! There is a saturation of good information, and as a result the best advice is buried. The best way I've found is to get into Product Hunt itself. PH has a great blog post with their ultimate guide, plus it's good to see what other launches look like. I watch the top product hunts and the lower product hunts regularly to watch for similarities. In the end, it really comes down to your community and product. You can debate the day of the week to launch or agonize over the tagline, but in the grand scheme of things, utilizing your own network and community proves to be more successful (or at least for us).
Sri Nikitha
@lucky__angi Thank you :) Yeah, PH has great collection of articles. They are filled with quite useful information. And, I totally agree with your point that the own network will be more helpful than any other networks.
You're not wrong there's a lot of information out there. I'm sure a lot of that information is tailored to that individual, their own personality, the product, the caliber of the product etc. My approach is going to be picking what I think will work for me and our product and just go with that. I'm also trying to create some relationships with other founders just to have a couple of people hold my hand as we go through the launch :)
Sri Nikitha
@maxwellcdavis Yeah, this is great! I think relationships with other founders would definitely help reduce anxiety. Thank you :)
Joanna Radecka
You're not alone Sri! What I'm doing is analyzing the best launches on PH, but also reading what I think works best for my product. And we shouldn't forget about community and ppl around us ready to support us. Like @maxwellcdavis said, having several people going through the same thing is really uplifting. :)