"An introvert can't make it"

Soumya
6 replies
This is a regular bias that I keep hearing about. Is it true that an introvert is not a useful human asset for companies?

Replies

What a load of rubbish! If you go to any modern company you'll see that they're actively looking for a range of different personalities as we all have our strengths and weaknesses
Vince
Wrong. They often build some of the top companies out there. I think there's a lot of misconception on what introvert means.
Lior Galante Cohen (Vaza)
Absolutely not! Each person has their strengths and weaknesses!
Goutham
Well, Elon Musk has Asperger's but he's spearheading innovations in rocketry & sustainable energy. Sometimes being an introvert can give you an unfair advantage too. Since they're not usually used to social norms, they tend to be contrarian & build great things.
Alina Ihnatiuk
I will never agree with the stereotypes of society. Only one thing is important - the desire to develop, work, be a part of something big. For example, I am a person who does not like people, I am categorical about the choice of my environment. But this does not prevent me from working with a large flow of people. :)
eg21
Wrong. Don't set such limited beliefs upon yourself. You are what you believe. Be cautious about that.