ADVICE ON HOW TO SCALE A TWO-SIDED MARKETPLACE

Rand
2 replies
Hi 👋 I'm building uCast - https://ucast.xyz/ - is a marketplace for Podcasters and Advertisers and we are launching on the 27th. I'm a little worried because I never built an online marketplace and I don't have much experience scaling a two-sided marketplace. If anyone has the experience and can share their knowledge, a piece of advice, or have resources they can send my way that would be an amazing help!

Replies

Michael Silber
Two things. 1. There are arguments to be made about focusing on supply or demand in the beginning, but whatever you decide have different strategies for targeting those groups. For your market I'd probably focus on the supply, since the demand switching costs are so low 2. Find out where your customers live and make sure you participate in their communities. This isn't just a sales channel, but a genuine interest in helping them solve their problems (whether or not your product fits their need)
Rand
@product_at_producthunt Thank you Michael, being a part of the podcasting community and participating as a podcaster is definitely very important to me! Thanks again!