How long does it take to integrate payment on App Store and Google Play?

Sam Abrika
7 replies
Is there any better alternative to receive payment from paid apps? Thanks

Replies

Kaloyan Dobrev
This is tricky question. First of all Apple don't allow directly to use any third party payment option in the app. You could tell the users to go the site if you have and to purchase the subscription with the same account. But you see most users won't do that, they prefer the easy option ( the comfort - even if this mean a little more expensive ), they are familiar with clicking a button in the app ( in 98% of times their payment method is set ) and the payment is done. So you have to decide if this 30% that Apple and Google take will be more that setting custom payment system that will be difficult for users. On the development part - it takes about a day to set up payment on a platform.
Sam Abrika
@kokiweb I bet that the churn rate from mobile purchase to website would be higher than 30%. One day to set up payment is reasonable - thanks. Is it allowed by Apple and Google policies to have the same subscription available on our website with 15% discount?
Kaloyan Dobrev
@samabrika1 Yes, one example is Spotify. They removed the option to buy directly from the app for macOS and iOS, now you can only go to their site and purchase the subscription.
Andre
It depends on your kind of app and tech stack. A MVP could be as easy as linking to PayPal and manually processing it.
Sam Abrika
Hi @andrefuchs, my app is cashcoach.io, there will be monthly subscriptions. Does Apple and Google take 15% fees if I take payment through PayPal?
Kaloyan Dobrev
@andrefuchs @samabrika1 Apple take 30% fees in the first year of the subscription and after that lower if you use their App Store payment system. So does Google.
Andre
@samabrika1 they only take a cut if you use their App Store payment system for your subscriptions.