Would you use a web app to keep track of your wedding participants and have a market for services?

Gabi
12 replies
Hello, I am working on a side project for some time, a wedding planning app: https://planour.wedding. I started this because ~we~ needed some help with our coming wedding. We have invitees from different generations that don't use email (i know, right?) and some that do and we wanted to send online RSVPs in different languages from our own platform, to see how to arrange their sitting in the room and to understand where our money goes away :) We wanted to know some stats as well and plus, it gave me the perfect opportunity to learn a new stack. After almost a decade with Java I needed! something new. I have a survey with extra questions as well, if anyone wants to share some insight about their wedding. No personal data, except the actual email. https://forms.gle/YyvkEEtdJyzPXNsA7 Thank you.

Replies

Sandy Dasuki
Hi, I had my wedding 3 years back. Tried to herd a crowd of older generations, friends and families which was fun. For the peace of mind of having a guaranteed complete list at all time what features can you build to lower that technology barrier/reluctance for some generations? I reckon the interface needs to be very very clear, simple and plain too :)
Gabi
@antonius_dasuki Hey, thanks for asking me this. We as well have family from older generations and they have 0 interest in tech. This is ~a lot~ to do with geo-location and past society. We are not trying to change them and for them we have paper invitations, and i am OK with that. But for people that are not completely against using/trying tech, you can send an RSVP where they can change (if needed, as an owner of event you can pre-select everything) they meal options and press 'Send RSVP'. I find it's a must to have internationalization for this type of user case, or else they won't succeed. In the platform you can create participants that haven't got an email address and you can share the link with them if needed. From our experience, only one person from older generation wanted to do this, because (again location) a wedding invitation exists only if it's handed (not posted) in person on paper. We are trying to keep it as simple as we can imagine it, and it really helped us understand some potential users when we started sending them to our work colleagues and friends. On the plus side, me and my partner are both software developers and our colleagues mostly are the same, and we got back technical feedback (this doesn't open when i click etc) and from our non developers friends we got back feedback related to how easy is to understand something. I am not sure if we are going to open this to the public, for now we are using it a lot and a friend getting married at end of summer has started as well and maybe to some other couples that want to give it a go in our beta mode. Thanks again. :)
Sandy Dasuki
@gabrielaradu that's fantastic. Love the MVP iteration approach to avoid overengineering. Wishing you and your partner continued success with the project.
earl motley
This would be a great idea. But implementation is pretty hard. As there are many type of people come and getting real idea about product that we are try to sell is mixup the while things. I personally try to sell engagement rings in adelaide and get almost youth in wedding but unable to get proper ROI from that. So not a great idea but share your result with me too.
Osborn Tyler
While you may not know much about Ukraine, there are many Ukrainian dating sites on the Internet. If you're not sure which one is best, there are a few features you should look for. These include extra features that make online dating easier, like likes and winks, NewsFeed, and tips on how to attract a Ukrainian girl. While most ukrainian dating sites require that you pay a subscription, it's good if the platform offers some free services, too.
Mark Lense
Planning a wedding is a rather complicated process and everyone who has ever encountered it knows this. But even if you are an invited guest to such an event, you need to come up with a wedding gift for the newlyweds to bring it to the holiday. It can be quite tricky, but if you check out PissedConsumer.com you can find a lot of great tips and tricks on what gift is best for you. It helped me when my brother had a wedding.
George Maltson
The wedding planning process was made significantly easier for my fiancée and me thanks to the wedding planning app . We are currently preparing for our wedding, having happily accepted my proposal with an exceptional engagement ring from https://jacobmercari.com/.
Shahroz Ali
i did'nt use any digital platform or app for my wedding proposals but i get many positive feedback for https://weddingappnow.com/ hope it have some professional staff to deal with.
dewi nal
That's great! I checked out your wedding planning app, and it seems like a useful tool, especially for managing RSVPs and seating arrangements for guests of different generations. It's also nice that you're offering online RSVPs in multiple languages and collecting statistical data. Learning a new tech stack through this project must be an exciting experience for you. If anyone wants to provide wedding insights about their weddings, they can fill out your survey, which only asks for their email address and doesn't collect any personal data. Good luck with your side project!
jack daniel
Yes, utilizing a web app for managing wedding participants and offering a marketplace for services can be highly beneficial, especially when considering All-inclusive Wedding Packages Florida. Such a platform would streamline the planning process, allowing couples to easily keep track of their wedding participants while also providing a convenient marketplace for various wedding services. By centralizing these features in a web app, couples can efficiently manage their wedding preparations and explore a wide range of service options, ultimately enhancing their wedding planning experience.
Alvaro Mathis
Wedding sparklers are a popular choice for adding a touch of magic and celebration to wedding events. These handheld fireworks emit dazzling sparks and create a festive atmosphere during special moments like grand exits, first dances, or cake cutting. Here are some key points to consider when incorporating wedding sparklers into your celebration: Types of wedding sparklers: There are two main types of wedding sparklers available: traditional sparklers and long-lasting sparklers. Traditional sparklers burn for a shorter duration, typically around 30 seconds, while long-lasting sparklers can burn for several minutes, allowing for extended photo opportunities and moments of celebration. Safety precautions: Although wedding sparklers can be enchanting, it's essential to prioritize safety. Ensure you and your guests are aware of the following safety guidelines: Designate a specific area for sparkler usage, away from flammable materials and crowded spaces. Have a designated person or team responsible for distributing and collecting sparklers. Provide guests with clear instructions on how to safely hold and use sparklers. Consider providing safety accessories like heat-resistant gloves, buckets of sand, or water for extinguishing sparklers after use. Remind guests not to wave sparklers too close to others or point them at people or objects. Photography considerations: Wedding sparklers can create stunning photo opportunities, especially during evening or nighttime events. To capture these moments effectively: Discuss your vision with your photographer in advance, so they can plan for the best angles and lighting. Ensure there is ample space and clear pathways for the desired sparkler formations or arches. Consider using longer-lasting sparklers to allow for more extended exposure times and creative photography options. Experiment with different camera settings, such as longer shutter speeds or utilizing a tripod, to capture the mesmerizing trails of sparks. See More: SparklersOnline
messersmith malick
Hi Gabi, Your wedding planning app sounds like a great idea! Using a web app to keep track of Wedding Trends participants and having a marketplace for services can definitely streamline the planning process. It's helpful to have features like online RSVPs, multilingual options, and financial tracking. Additionally, it's great that you're seeking insights through a survey to further improve your app. Best of luck with your side project!