Best advice for launching on Product Hunt? ๐Ÿค”

Rudi Fermo
9 replies
We will be launching our service soon, so some advice from the ones that have experience in it would be much appreciated ๐Ÿค—

Replies

Nachiket Patel
Do refer this: https://blog.producthunt.com/how... If you don't have a really strong profile on Product Hunt then do consider approaching a hunter for the launch. All the best!
Khalid Belghiti
@patelnachiket @khalid_b @rudi_fermo I think it's mentioned in the article you shared?
Jeremy Cleverly
@patelnachiket Kind of new to PH, but I am curious how do you go about identifying, finding or approaching a "hunter"?
Khalid Belghiti
@patelnachiket not sure it's still relevant to look for a hunter as PH is not sending notifications to their followers anymore.
Nachiket Patel
@jeremy_cleverly I try doing it manually and find the right one by analyzing a couple of things like, how many products they have hunted and its success ration and also what kind of products or services, etc.
Rudi Fermo
@patelnachiket Thanks for the feedback :)
Sachin Tiwari
Before you launch you should get a feel of how product hunt works. It's always a good idea to be active on Product Hunt and ingratiate yourself to the Product Hunt Community. Product Huntโ€™s algorithm rewards users who take the effort to build their profile by participating in the community and supporting other products. Distribute this over a couple of months into your launch, to gather a good following and support base on the platform. You should make sure to spend time and effort to prepare your listing details like Tagline, Thumbnail, Video, Makerโ€™s comment, Time of posting, etc. Ask your team to create an account on Product Hunt at least a few months prior to your launch. The people who support your launch on Product Hunt should have active accounts. If a product gets too many upvotes from newly created user accounts, they are not considered. Good luck with your product launch!
Rudi Fermo
@isachintiwari That's exactly what I told to my team from the beginning, looking at how PH works. I really appreciate your help ๐Ÿ˜