Best advice for launching on Product Hunt? ๐Ÿค”

Rudi Fermo
9 replies
We will be launching our service soon, so some advice from the ones that have experience in it would be much appreciated ๐Ÿค—

Replies

Sachin Tiwari
Before you launch you should get a feel of how product hunt works. It's always a good idea to be active on Product Hunt and ingratiate yourself to the Product Hunt Community. Product Huntโ€™s algorithm rewards users who take the effort to build their profile by participating in the community and supporting other products. Distribute this over a couple of months into your launch, to gather a good following and support base on the platform. You should make sure to spend time and effort to prepare your listing details like Tagline, Thumbnail, Video, Makerโ€™s comment, Time of posting, etc. Ask your team to create an account on Product Hunt at least a few months prior to your launch. The people who support your launch on Product Hunt should have active accounts. If a product gets too many upvotes from newly created user accounts, they are not considered. Good luck with your product launch!
Rudi Fermo
@isachintiwari That's exactly what I told to my team from the beginning, looking at how PH works. I really appreciate your help ๐Ÿ˜
Nachiket Patel
Do refer this: https://blog.producthunt.com/how... If you don't have a really strong profile on Product Hunt then do consider approaching a hunter for the launch. All the best!
Jeremy Cleverly
@patelnachiket Kind of new to PH, but I am curious how do you go about identifying, finding or approaching a "hunter"?
Khalid Belghiti
@patelnachiket not sure it's still relevant to look for a hunter as PH is not sending notifications to their followers anymore.
Khalid Belghiti
@patelnachiket @khalid_b @rudi_fermo I think it's mentioned in the article you shared?
Nachiket Patel
@jeremy_cleverly I try doing it manually and find the right one by analyzing a couple of things like, how many products they have hunted and its success ration and also what kind of products or services, etc.
Rudi Fermo
@patelnachiket Thanks for the feedback :)