How you felt when you started your first product?

Mouad Taoussi
14 replies
How you felt when you started your first product and got some good reviews and upvotes and comments and saw your database then you recognized that there are real users to your app?

Replies

Aayush Arora
Thanks for reminding me that moment! I recently received a testimonial which made my day. It was a different day altogether, full of motivation & hope and a feeling that can't be expressed more in words. Just want to see those letters coming to me daily :D
Aayush Arora
@mouad_taoussi They give you the motivation to wake up every day & hustle
Mouad Taoussi
@aayush_arora1 Sometimes those good feedbacks are better than getting income from the app! that's so great to remind you😊
Mouad Taoussi
@mouad_taoussi @aayush_arora1 That's true really! you cannot work hard for long time if u didn't see the results
Aayush Arora
@mouad_taoussi Also when you are working on low/no salary or bootstraping the business, a testimonial gives you the ultimate satisfaction.
Mouad Taoussi
@mouad_taoussi @aayush_arora1 True that's the benefit of the testimonials and reviews ! Thank you!
Dibya Sahoo
On the 1st signup- I literally shouted, started dancing on the floor and enjoyed samosas with my small team. That was an epic moment ❤️ difficult to describe. We all where standing in front of one computer watching user logs.
Elle Werle
@geniusdibya That's so sweet! I look forward to that moment in the future after our PH launch 💕
Mouad Taoussi
@geniusdibya Just like me , i've launched my first app these days on ProductHunt, when i saw some upvotes and comments then i moved to the database then i saw some users have used my app ,and i keep watching requests logs, I felt atmosphere feeling really , i cannot describe it ❤, Worth it !! Good Job👌
Dibya Sahoo
Thank you @ellebelle and all the best for the launch 👍 Let me know, if I can be of any help.
Elle Werle
@ellebelle @geniusdibya Absolutely! I will definitely take you up on your offer to help when we launch. That's very nice of you and I appreciate it so much 😊
Vikram Sahu ꩜
The product was not really mine but I was a core member (for development and customer success). Since it was an enterprise-focused (email product) so we use to set the target month on month which was mapped to the total volume of emails sent each day. Fact is we use to always miss that 🙄 but we didn't stop increasing volume every month. Finally, one fine day we were able to fix all the issues and achieve the target. I still remember the happiness of mine. My manager had distributed sweets to the whole organization 😁. I wish I could have tagged him. (he is not on product hunt)
Mouad Taoussi
@snipperbytes That's great to solve that hard problem then have a nice time then your manager had distributed sweets to the whole organization 👌 Keep going !!
Alex Hartnett
I was terrified. It seemed to me that no one needed this, I wasted my money and in general it is not worth going online and from home anymore.