What are the best strategies for social media marketing?

Rahul Nair
5 replies
So what social media marketing strategies might you put into your arsenal?

Replies

Livia Rusu
I believe that the channel mix depends a lot from one product to another, which is why - as a strategist - I think it's the kind of question that has thousands of possible answers. However, I wouldn't think these are strategies per se, but channels that allow us to implement our strategies more effectively, with a mix than can range from one product to another.
Dragos Bulugean
Depends on what are you trying to advertise, what is your objective and so on. It's such a generic question
Andrew Kirima
This question seems a bit broad, so I'll add my twist. What is the best strategy for social media marketing, for a Web Development and Fintech seed stage (Stage 1) startup with no funding? Meaning, they have little to no budget.
Olga Trykush
Strategy more depends on positioning and your current goals. But I will give a general advise: currently, people are overwhelmed with ads, info, offers and so on, and before doing any steps think about value that you want to give to people, because if you interrupt them with your offer (anywhere), and they don't see the value, they will leave you immediately and forgot about you very quickly. The same in socials - too many of everything. Give value
Andrew Kirima
@olha_trykush Going off of this. As a recent graduate that has a lot of friends diving into entrepreneurial endeavors, I absolutely agree with this. Instead of being someones facing with constant ads, I feel like it is most important to start a community between your company and your customers/target audience. Make them feel like you're actually listening. I believe the best thing you can do is to get off your high horse and go talk to your customers, but don't be too fluffy & fake. Be your genuine self, but with some common business etiquette. For instance, I have a friend who's scaled his designer clothing brand through just instagram because, he's actively engaging with everyone who reaches out to him. If too many people reach out to him, he'll clearly say that in post and try to answer the main concerns/questions at once. He is the Founder/CEO/Designer, nearly operating the whole show on his own, and he still finds time to engage with his community, in a genuine manner, and in return he's gone viral in less than a year. His customers actually care about his well being, so he has an abundance of free promo just from word of mouth.